Default Herbert Ernest King ATKINS 1911 Census

I've been searching for Herbert Ernest King ATKINS in the 1911 Census, to no avail at all - I believe he was a fairly recent recruit to the army at the time, in the Royal Fusiliers. A general search turns up nothing, and I have had no better luck attempting to look through the military establishment Census returns, though this might well be my own incompetence trumping the kind help of others. Does anybody have any suggestions, tips or ideas to help me move forward? Have found my grandfather, Herbert's older brother John (also a soldier) in the Ireland Census but no joy with Herbert himself. I realise he may simply not be recorded for any number of reasons - but as I'm definitely not a skilled manipulator of the Census I'd like to try every possible avenue before giving up.

Herbert Ernest King ATKINS.
    Born Blackfriars, 1892; lived Clapham, London; Killed with 2nd Royal Fusiliers at Gallipoli 26/05/15.
    Parents Charles and Ada Atkins.
    Siblings John Charles, Alice, William Frederick (killed at Givenchy, France, also 26/05/15), Percy Thomas Chater.

Thanks, Pat

Starting to feel at home

I found a post online that says that the 2nd Royal Fusiliers were in India in 1911. It talks of 30 pages of 30 names, but the post was also discussing people they couldn't find.

https://www.greatwarforum.org/topic/...-census-where/

Thanks, that's in fact pretty helpful - those men enlisted about the same time (well, within a few months) as Herbert Atkins. As a member of that forum, I can't believe I've missed the thread! Thanks again for the help.

Pat

Starting to feel at home

A pleasure - when you get stuck on your own work it's nice to feel helpful to someone else's!