Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Findmypast Newspapers have an article in Luton Reporter 4 June 1917 entitled "Home for Deserted Child" all about Rose Stoten being hauled up before the magistrates for abandoning her child, and being separated from her husband and living with another man in Southend. The child had originally been abandoned in Lewisham, and they had returned it to Luton, under the poor law rules, and Luton had finally traced her to Southend.
    I see Mary 1915 and Delbank 1916 were both registered in the Rochester District which is the registration district for Southend on Sea. Another record which seems more than coincidental.
    Alma

Yes I have a copy of the death certificate. She died on 16th July 1953 Lilian Taylor age 63 years . Under the heading of Occupation!!”Of 6 Northumberland Crescent East Bedfont Feltham UD. Widow of George Taylor Clerical Officer (Ministry of Pensions) (retired)” Cause of Death Bronch Pneumonia due to Cerebral Arterioaclarosis Cetified by Harod G. Broadbridge Coroner for W Middlesex after Post-Mortem without Inquest. Signature, description and residence of informant is my Aunty Margaret who died in 2006 lily and Charles fifth and youngest Child born in 1919 M.V.S Chapman Daughter. Present at Death 26 Birkbeck Avenue Greenford. When registered 22nd July 1953. Signature of registrar G Redhead Deputy .I am confused about the name Daly as Lilian Taylor Is buried with George Taylor in unconsecrated ground (I don’t know why?) in Ashford Cemetery Middlesex. Thank you Susan

Thank you so much for the Newspaper article “Home for Deserted Child” the fact that she was found in Southend and my Aunty Mary ( we called her “Dinky or Dinks” born in 1915 and my Uncle Delbank born in 1916 both born in Southend as have their birth certificates.
    Although the birth date doesn’t match on the 1939 cencus it is too much of a coincidence that she was found in Southend. I would love to get hold of a copy of the article. Thank you Susan

Thank you an amazing find Megan . I would love to have a copy of the article . Lily and Charles 3rd and 4th Child were both born in Southend as I have their birth certificates. Thanks again Susan

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you go to your local library they will have access to Findmypast - for free!

Thank you

Thank you

[img]https://www.british

Hi I am home now .

I know you have the correct spelling of Hutchison sorry if I posed in the wrong place. I hope to get better at this.

I already have a problem I have tried to upload the 1939 register for Lily Taylor/Hutchison/Stoten/Harper ( Daly ?)
    I am not sure I have managed it. I see now it worked.
    George Taylor a Civil Servant we know she lived with as his wife. She was known as Nanny Taylor by my cousins. Daly is a name no one in the family recognise. My cousin gave me the grave place and number so I visited her gave and got confirmation she was buried with George Taylor in unconsecrated ground . So I have know idea where Daly comes from. Except George Taylor died 17 February 1947 and the date (if it means Daly was added )is 24.7.50 so did she marry for a forth time . (Stoten Hutchison Taylor Daly ) Lily’s birth date is 21st August 92 .
    The other name is Mary Sheward nee Hutchison my Aunty. The closed entry could be my father but is unlikely as when he returned from the Spanish Civil War his mother was upset that he had not stayed home to help his family as my Grandfather Charles Francis Hutchison had left her and returned to Accra in Ghana in about 1923. I will try to find out if it is him.
    Thank you for all your help .

I now have the death certificate of the child of Rose Stoten born in 1914 died in August 1917 in Essendene Hurst Road Croydon. The death certificate says Daughter of Rose Stoten now the wife of Charles Hutchinson should be Hutchison but I am not worried about the miss-spelling. The problem is it says Charles Hutchinson carpenter !!! My Grandfather was a Surveyor, mining engineer, Trader and owned several companies. Carpenter just doesn’t fit. Yet when I search for a Charles marrying a Stoten there is only one my Grandfather. So I can’t prove that Joan is my Aunt.
    I was so sure the newspaper article referred to my Grandmother. Now I am not so sure.
    The newspaper article is referred to in a previous comment. I am trying to add a photo of the death certificate but I don’t know how.
    Last edited by susanlilian; 19-08-2021 at 6:32 PM. Reason: Extra information

Hi
    To upload an image to the forums the first step is to make sure that you are in Go Advanced mode on the Brit-Gen thread where you want to place the photo. Click on the picture frame in the row of images above the reply box. (6 from the RH side). The box that appears requires a URL address.
    You have to upload your photo to a free site which will provide a URL address. I use Postimage which is very simple.
    On the home page of Postimage click on 'Choose images' then find and click on the file you want to upload where you have the photo stored on your computer eg Pictures. Then click on the particular folder that holds your picture and Open it. Choose your photo, click on it and click on Open. You are now taken back to the Postimage page where you are given a choice of 9 links. Click on the URL 'Hotlink for forum' Now right click on the URL address and then click on Copy. Go back to the reply box on the Brit-Gen thread and in the URL box right click on your mouse and from the menu click on paste. The URL for your photo is now ready to be posted on the forum along with any information you have typed in to accompany it.
    There are other free sites from which to upload images with URL addresses if you want an alternative.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast