Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi Janine

I've just had a look at your posts - I did quite a bit on the family tree a few years ago. I got as far back as John Hovelroud's father (also called John Hovelroud), and found his death certificate, but couldn't find his birth certificate. I'm really looking forward to finding out more from you! Jane

Hi
    Very belatedly I have given this post a new title "John Hovelroude Anderson 1879 Dundee" and moved it to the General Scottish Family History forum from the Introduce Yourself forum.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

hi,i found pictures of john anderson who died in the ss calliope ship,then his father john hovelround anderson but cannot go back any more sadly

If you read my post # 7
    Marriage 22 Jan 1869
    John Anderson
    Spouse Ann B Chalmers

then Lesley'ss post where she refers you to ScotlandsPeople site here where you can buy a few credits to purchase the marriage certificate of John Hovelround Anderson and Ann Chalmers. It is there, I checked the index. This is the information you can expect to find on it.
    "Most register entries contains the following information:
    Date and place of marriage
    How married - for regular marriages this is after publication of banns according to the form of a particular church, for irregular marriages it will usually be by declaration in front of two witnesses; and for civil marriages (from 1 July 1940) after publication in the office of the district registrar and in the presence of the said registrar in accordance with the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1939
    Surname and forename of the couple
    Signature of parties
    Rank, profession or occupation - if you find an unknown term check the glossary - occupations for further information
    Whether single (spinster or bachelor) or widowed
    Age at marriage
    Usual residence of both parties
    Name and surname of father
    Rank or profession of father - if you find an unknown term check the glossary - occupations for further information
    Name and maiden surname of mother
    Signature of officiating minister and witnesses for regular marriages or date of conviction, decree of declarator or sheriff’s warrant for irregular marriages
    When and where registered and signature of registrar.

You can download it straight away - instant gratification

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123