Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

... and I haven't found any other children to John William & Jane/Jinny between 1890 and 1900 which is a bit strange/unusual ?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    ... and I haven't found any other children to John William & Jane/Jinny between 1890 and 1900 which is a bit strange/unusual ?
    My great-great-grandparents were married for eleven years before they had their first child, so it's unusual but not unknown
    I remember working my way back through the quarters of the GRO Index films at my local LDS FHC to find the marriage and by the time I'd done about five years I was convinced I'd missed the entry!

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

I have just been looking at the Fatkin connection and I don't think they are the same family. There is a brother John William for Harriet but in Hunslet so not the Sheffield family.

I have thought that - they didn't seem to have any children then started producing them. It does happen, we don't know how many still born or miscarriages she may have had. They don't seem to be surviving and at the best they are disappearing. If only John William had filled in the 1911 census part about the children.

Mrs P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12