Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Time to relaxez-vous

If it's too hot to do genealogy but you still feel like your brain needs a work-out, try this. (I don't think I've posted it before.)

I know there are at least 203 song titles in the following 'story'.
    Some are obvious. Some are 'hidden' e.g. there could be a song called 'eland' made up from the last two letters of Michael and the next word 'and'. And what might seem like one title could be more.e.g. from 'cats and dogs' you could possibly make cat, cats, dog, as well as cats and dogs itself.

Pam
    -
    Are you sitting comfortably.

Then I'll begin

Once upon a time, says the legend of Xanadu, in the land of make-believe there lived a woolly bully called Michael and Puff the magic dragon, and they spent their days chasing rainbows and flying kites in the neighbourhood.
    One fine day, Puff said to Mickey, “Hey, you sexy thing with the pretty littleangel eyes, come on, let’s go, let’s run away to the chapel of love in downtown Itchycoo Park and you can say ‘I will’ ”……..

Mama said, “Wake up, little Susie.”
    Oh. What a night, I could almost wish I suffered from insomnia,” moaned Susie. “Dreamin’, I’m always dreaming - I can hear music, there’s heroes and villains, wild boys, wild things, wild places - it’s all blurred. I just hope the bank holiday will be a better day.”
    Um, you’re definitely a whiter shade of pale. But things can only get better - your soldier boy, Simon, says he’s in town and wouldn’t it be nice if he could take you to the fairground on Ocean Drive.”
    Okay, though if he’s gonna drive his automatic pink Cadillac he’d better take it to the car wash first and make it look respectable.”

Later the same day, under the boardwalk ……

So, it’s time to be making your mind up. Where are we all going for the summer holiday and what’s happening on Saturday night?” asked Angela Jones.
    For my holiday I’d love to go Surfin’ U.S.A. – California dreamin’ and all that, but I expect it’ll be Amsterdam or Rotterdam,” saidMandy
    Someday, I’d love to go to Venus, or find out if there’s life on Mars -there’s athousand stars I want to visit, but this year I’m going to Barbados,” saidBen.
    We’re going to Ibiza, but next year it’s Oklahoma, Chicago, andthe city of New Orleans ‘cos I’ve gotta see the House of theRising Sun, followed by a relaxing weekend in New England ”, said Billie Jean.
    I’ve decided on somewhere cool an’ green an’ shady where I can listen to thesound of silence far away from the streets of London,” said Michelle.
    Right here, right now, votes for Saturday night at the movies – choice of ‘You only livetwice’, ‘Men in black’, ‘Pretty woman’, or ‘The gambler’”, said Sandy.
    We’d sooner dance the night away at the Copacabana,” chorused Jolene and Alfie.
    Just don’t do your dancing in the street – you could get arrested and end up doing the jailhouse rock instead of the crocodile rock,” laughed Magdalena.
    Yes, well don’t laugh too much – your locomotion looks more like loco in Acapulco, while your versions of the Martian hop and the wamboo are a definite cry for help,” said Clair.
    Oh boy, that Saturday night fever is showing - wait for the kung-fu fighting to start. Honestly, just because you were born in the USA, you don’t have to believe it means you were born to be wild,” said Layla.
    Hello, people,” said – or rather slurred - Peggy Sue. “Let’s live it up babe – be my funky gibbon.”
    Oh no,” groaned Lucy. “I keep telling her to be careful because it’s bad to mix drinks. The other day she was high on sherry and tequila - said it was perfect heaven. I thought it was more like a nightmare and wanted to scream. She says no limit. I say no invite to the millennium party.”

Thank U very much for reading my story.
    Goodnight girls and boys, wherever you are.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Growing old Disgracefully

Love it, made me LOL now I'm Crying tears and I'm going to share it on Facebook if you don't mind.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

It's fine as long as you don't mention my name.

Pleased you enjoyed it. I wrote it probably twenty years ago, and keep promising myself I'm going to write a better one but I never seem to have the time.

How many titles have you found so far?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Growing old Disgracefully

My cousin in America liked it. I got to about 100 and stopped counting. To day is another day and I'm off to see the dentist later to have a new crown fitted so at the moment all's good.

Did I say we've had a Murder Hunt real one in our little town the Police have got them (3) in court to day be cause as when folk heard about who it was that died a 24 year old lad every one knew who did it.