Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ms Mary Clark

Growing old Disgracefully

I've got more on the Beeny Family if you want it if you haven't got the information yet

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    I've got more on the Beeny Family if you want it if you haven't got the information yet
    Hello Growing Old Disgracefully, and you really are a miracle worker! Yes you have certainly found the right family. Mary recognised the names of Fanny Beeney (ne Wood)’s siblings, most of the whole nine of them. This information shows that Fanny’s mother’s maiden name was Harriet Hoad (or Hode)
    The trouble is she remembers Fanny’s mother’s name as Laura, and this memory is causing some concern. I have suggested that it could have been a middle name or a nickname. Alternatively, she could have predecessed John Wood, who either married again, or had a friendship with a woman named Laura. Does any of your subsequent information shed any light on this matter? Regardless of whether it does or not, Mary would be glad of the information.
    My name is Julie and I am helping Mary with her family tree. Many thanks.

Hi Julie
    I will get back to you if I can on Monday if that's ok I have Zachary my Grandson this after noon his mum is going for her driving Test Theory Paper and I am also sorting out Jewellery which I make for a Craft Fair on Sunday.

Couldn't help myself could I found her

Henry/Harry Beeny. BIRTH 1867 • Warbleton, Sussex, England. DEATH SEP 1931 • Battle, Sussex, England

Parents
    Sampson Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1848 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH 22 OCT 1929 • Sussex, England

Margaret Ann Sinden, BIRTH JANUARY 1847 • Battle, Sussex ,DEATH JANUARY 1889 • Hailsham, Sussex

Siblings
    Harriet Bertha Beeny. BIRTH ABT 1868 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Sampson Bertam Beeny. BIRTH JULY 1872 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH DEC 1951 • Eastbourne, Sussex, England

Ernest Beeny, BIRTH OCTOBER 1874 • Hailsham, Sussex, DEATH APRIL 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex

Laura Beeny. BIRTH 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown
    I checked out the Birth Mothers Maiden Name Sinden

Newton Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1877 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Julia Blanche Beeney, BIRTH JULY 1877 • Hailsham, Sussex, DEATH DEC 1961 • Surrey South Eastern, Surrey, England

Godfrey Beeny, BIRTH 1881 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Wallace Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1887 • Dallington, Sussex, DEATH 1967 • South Australia

Arthur Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1888 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Settling in

This is great news! So Laura was actually Henry Beeney’s sister, not his wife!

Thank you so much for this! I will pass all this along to Mary.

Mary (a nickname) is a direct descendant of Henry Beeney. This means a lot to her. She is in very poor health but is putting this together for her children and the other young people in her family. We had a deadline of mid July to finish the research, as I am compiling it so it can be presented to her husband and sons at his 80th birthday party on 29 July. She has also done his side of the family, but that had actually already been done by a relative in England.

I will get back to you with an update on how it all proceeds.

Many, many thanks for all your help.

Sincerely, Julie

Couldn't help myself could I found her

Henry/Harry Beeny. BIRTH 1867 • Warbleton, Sussex, England. DEATH SEP 1931 • Battle, Sussex, England

Parents
    Sampson Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1848 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH 22 OCT 1929 • Sussex, England

Margaret Ann Sinden, BIRTH JANUARY 1847 • Battle, Sussex ,DEATH JANUARY 1889 • Hailsham, Sussex

Siblings
    Harriet Bertha Beeny. BIRTH ABT 1868 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Sampson Bertam Beeny. BIRTH JULY 1872 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH DEC 1951 • Eastbourne, Sussex, England

Ernest Beeny, BIRTH OCTOBER 1874 • Hailsham, Sussex, DEATH APRIL 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex

Laura Beeny. BIRTH 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown
    I checked out the Birth Mothers Maiden Name Sinden

Newton Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1877 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Julia Blanche Beeney, BIRTH JULY 1877 • Hailsham, Sussex, DEATH DEC 1961 • Surrey South Eastern, Surrey, England

Godfrey Beeny, BIRTH 1881 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Wallace Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1887 • Dallington, Sussex, DEATH 1967 • South Australia

Arthur Beeny, BIRTH ABT 1888 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Well done, Sandy. I had to leave the searching to you as I've had toothache for a couple of days. I have an emergency appointment this afternoon as it is now agony. Hope I can sleep.
    Alma

Damm Damm Damm its the wrong one she died age 3. I will look further afield to see if its another family member or may be a house maid that didn't live in.

Laura Beeny

BIRTH JANUARY 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex, England
    DEATH JANUARY 1878 • Hailsham, Sussex

Have you got the next generation back

John Wood, BIRTH 1850 • Hurstmouceux, Sussex, England, DEATH 1898 • Sussex, England

Parents
    Obediah Wood, BIRTH ABT 1816 • Harlohan, Sussex, England, DEATH APRIL 1859 • Hailsham, Sussex

Esther Miller, BIRTH ABT 1816 • Betley, Kent, England,DEATH Unknown

Siblings
    Matilda Miller, BIRTH ABT 1837 • Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Hannah Miller, BIRTH 1839 • Sussex, England,DEATH Unknown

Sarah Wood, BIRTH ABT 1842 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Henry Wood, BIRTH ABT 1847 • Warbleton, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

William Wood, BIRTH 1852 • Herstmonceux, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown
    Wife Harriett Beeny, BIRTH APRIL 1848 • Ashburnham, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

Esther Wood, BIRTH 1856 • Herstmonceux, Sussex, England, DEATH Unknown

In the 1841 Census Obediah Wood is living with Esther Miller and 2 children + Lucy Miller,BIRTH ABT 1781, DEATH Unknown.

England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973
    Name Samuel Wood
    Gender Male
    Child Obediah Wood
    Household Members
    Samuel Wood
    Obediah Wood
    John Miller
    Esther Miller

Settling in

What bad luck. I will tell Mary. She still thinks Laura was John Wood’s wife, even though the record seem to indicate that his spouse was Harriet Hoad (Hode). Thank you for keeping looking!

Damm Damm Damm its the wrong one she died age 3. I will look further afield to see if its another family member or may be a house maid that didn't live in.

Laura Beeny

BIRTH JANUARY 1875 • Hailsham, Sussex, England
    DEATH JANUARY 1878 • Hailsham, Sussex

Settling in

No but will pass all this on to Mary, thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast