Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Evans/Davies/Rogers

Hi,
    I have recently received death printouts from GRO for Thomas Evans d 22 November 1893 Adwy Bersham Wrexham. Thomas was 67 Yrs old and a Steel Foreman. The informant at his death was Thomas Rogers, Son in Law. Also received, was death of Thomas's wife Elizabeth Evans d 18 October 1898 71yrs of 10 Nant Square Bersham. Informant present Thomas Davies- Son in law.

I have searched for marriages with both these names with Evans family and have not been able to find anything. What am I missing here. Have searched FMP, Ancestry, Nth Wales BMD, Family search??

Thomas and Elizabeth had 4 daughters, Elizabeth d as infant, Ann b 1861 Chirk. Alice b 1864 Chirk and Mary b 1869 Adwyr clawdd coedpoeth. I have been able to find Ann/e (Annie) up to
    1891 living with parents and single. Nephew Job is also living with them. Job is son of Alice Evan. Alice has been difficult to find but possibly living 1891 Standsty age 15yrs place of birth though Talwrn, Denbighshire, Wales. Mary I have followed through to 1911 and she is living near Blackpool and still single.
    Unless there are other daughters then I am a little perplexed by not being able to find marriages to fit with the names on the death certificates!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Barbara

1891 Census - reference RG12 piece 4614 folio 55 page 30

Is this the family? Thomas Evans, head and Thomas Rogers, head, occupying the same property.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Cannot see a Laura M Rogers born in the right time frame and location but the General Register Office (GRO) has the birth registration of a
    Laura May Evans, June Qtr 1888, Wrexham, 11a 189 - no mother's maiden name given. Bersham falls within the Wrexham registration district.

By 1901 Thomas Rogers status on the 1901 Census is widower, and Laura M Roger's status is grandchild (born Adwy).

1911 Census - ref RG14 PN25398 RG78 PN1453 RD477 SD2 ED12 SN4

Is this "your" Mary?

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    1911 Census - ref RG14 PN25398 RG78 PN1453 RD477 SD2 ED12 SN4

Is this "your" Mary?
    Yes, that is "our" Mary.

Barbara

Starting to feel at home

Below is 1891 census for the "my" Evans family.

Piece 4614 Folio 117 Page number 14
    Thomas Evans 62
    Elizabeth Evans 64
    Annie Evans 29
    Job Evans 4

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
    Much Appreciated.

Regards
    Barbara

1871 Census - RG10 Piece 5655 Folio 46 Page 9
    Mary Ellen Evans, parents Thomas and Elizabeth

1881 Census - RG11 Piece 5515 Folio 61 Page 35
    Thomas and Elizabeth Evans, no Mary Ellen

1881 Census - RG11 Piece 5515 Folio 45 Page 3
    A Mary E Evans with grandparents.
    The household also includes a Thomas Davies, grandson

Interested to see there is a Thomas D Rogers next door to the 1891 family you have identified as Mary's parents. But he is only 13 years old so unlikely to have notified the 1893 death. Have you compared Thomas' 1891 Census occupation with the occupation on the death certificate. What was the address on the cert?

Still intrigued by the presence of a Thomas Rogers with the Thomas and Elizabeth at post #2 above. Have you compared the occupation of that Thomas Evans with the death certificate - and address?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibarb View Post
    Hi,
    I have recently received death printouts from GRO for Thomas Evans d 22 November 1893 Adwy Bersham Wrexham. Thomas was 67 Yrs old and a Steel Foreman. The informant at his death was Thomas Rogers, Son in Law. Also received, was death of Thomas's wife Elizabeth Evans d 18 October 1898 71yrs of 10 Nant Square Bersham. Informant present Thomas Davies- Son in law.
    Are you sure the occupation is Foreman and not Forgeman? I ask because searching using Adwy within the address brings up another family headed by Thomas Evans born Llangollen c1826 & his wife Elizabeth. This Thomas is a Forgeman, and he lived at Adwy 1861-1891. His children (from the census) were:

Richard 1848 Llangollen
    Edward 1850 Llangollen
    Sarah Ann 1853 Adwy
    Elizabeth 1863 Adwy
    Mary Ellen 1867 Adwy
    Catherine 1868 Adwy (on the 1871 as Catherine Jones, relation: Nursed, but by 1881 appears to be Catherine L? Evans, Daur)

There is a marriage in the Wrexham district in 1882 between Elizabeth Evans and (same page) Thomas Davies that may be relevant, although I haven't had chance to do much other searching yet.

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for looking at this. Yes a typo was forgeman
    Elizabeth was born in Baschurch and Thomas baptised in Adwyr Clawdd, Coedpoeth.

Regards
    Barbara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast