+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Settling in
    Thanks

Excellent advice, I hadn't managed to find that archive. I have a few Russian speaking friends, perhaps I can persuade one or more of them to wade through documents

Brick wall demolition expert!
    Thanks

You might want to think about visiting the National Archives and look at Aliens policy correspondence- Aliens Act 1905 on alien restrictions in entry books HO 162 1905-1921; Certificates of Aliens HO2 and Returns HO3.

I also know that the Jewish community helped Eastern European Jews to return back to place of origin due to concerns over health, over crowding etc- There was also the Poor Jews Temporary Shelter.

Jews came from many ports including Odessa, Bremen, Hamburg- I couldn't see any likely names for your people in the Hamburg records and know that Bremen and Liverpool records were destroyed.

Is your family tree on Ancestry.Co- if so I have looked at it- did you trace your people in the 1939 Register lists?

Does the Tombstone for Louis contain details of his line e.g. ....b usually father's Hebrew name?

Can I suggest that if a photo is taken of his Tombstone then a copy is sent to Cemetery Scribes because this would prove useful to other's who may be related to your lines. Several of my own 4 and 3 x great grandparents have photos of their tombstones.

As an aside my 2x great grandmother is buried in Brighton/Hove Jewish Cemetery. From your family lines am I correct in thinking that there are Goodman also in the same cemetery?
    Phillip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2