Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Excellent advice, I hadn't managed to find that archive. I have a few Russian speaking friends, perhaps I can persuade one or more of them to wade through documents

You might want to think about visiting the National Archives and look at Aliens policy correspondence- Aliens Act 1905 on alien restrictions in entry books HO 162 1905-1921; Certificates of Aliens HO2 and Returns HO3.

I also know that the Jewish community helped Eastern European Jews to return back to place of origin due to concerns over health, over crowding etc- There was also the Poor Jews Temporary Shelter.

Jews came from many ports including Odessa, Bremen, Hamburg- I couldn't see any likely names for your people in the Hamburg records and know that Bremen and Liverpool records were destroyed.

Is your family tree on Ancestry.Co- if so I have looked at it- did you trace your people in the 1939 Register lists?

Does the Tombstone for Louis contain details of his line e.g. ....b usually father's Hebrew name?

Can I suggest that if a photo is taken of his Tombstone then a copy is sent to Cemetery Scribes because this would prove useful to other's who may be related to your lines. Several of my own 4 and 3 x great grandparents have photos of their tombstones.

As an aside my 2x great grandmother is buried in Brighton/Hove Jewish Cemetery. From your family lines am I correct in thinking that there are Goodman also in the same cemetery?
    Phillip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12