Jo Simpsons

Default How do you put a music file on the web?

On tribal pages you can add midi files.
    Some pieces of music I would like aren't on the web as midi files so how do you add them?
    Jo

Jo

I haven't done this but it has got me thinking.
    I think it depends on how you are going to put the music on to the web page. If you have software for copying CD's there may be the option to change the format of the CD track into another type ie in your case midi (I am not sure what the extension is).
    You then load them up as a file to the web site and put a link to the music file. I would assume that the tribal pages have pre-set code to allow you to direct users to your music without you having to use html code on the web page.
    All the best with this, I am now going to have a play myself with this.
    Neil

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Jo

Do you use the upgrade version of Tribal ? as i havent seen that offer of up loading on the free version. If i saw it i would find the most irritating bagpipe music just to annoy people in the way that i am when i visit their web pages
    We at work frequently have "men in suits" coming round checking what we are listening to and make us pay a "license fee" to listen to it - around £200 ish a year if i remember corectly - probably wrong as usual but still a silly amount whatever for a small company in a small space to be listening to rubbish. Worth checking out though

Jo Simpsons

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
    Actually the music I have used from midi files isn't the songs like we would listen too it's been changed, and I can't think at all what you call it!
    I think it will be too complicated for me and I never thought of copyright laws!
    No I don't have an upgraded version of Tribal Pages Tracey. You can add music on your home page and to photos. On your home page you have to put it at the end of the introduction to your site and on photos in the description. You have to use
    Music on/off<br>
    <embed
    src=`https://pendragon-ent.com/bobmidi/youfrend.mid`

height=45 width=144
    controls=`bigconsole` autostart=`true` loop=`true`>

Well thats for the music on my home page but you put a link to the music you want in the 'and' It does use more of your space up though. I have tried to add that persons favourite piece of music just to make it more personal.
    Jo