Thread: Hello

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello

Hi,
    I've just joined the forum. My father's grandparents all lived in England. George Tidman was born in Shilton, Warwickshire, in 1852. He married Gertrude Bigrave who was born in London in 1874. My grandfather, Victor Tidman, learned to walk on the ship as the family immigrated to Canada in 1905. My grandmother Bea Isherwood was born in Toronto in 1906. Her parents were William Isherwood, born in Turton, Lancashire in 1870, and Louisa Dixon, born in Yorkshire in 1872. I've been doing genealogy for decades now, but still have many unanswered questions. So...here I am. One of these years my wife and I hope to take a trip to England to see all of these wonderful places I've been researching over the years from afar.

As for me I'm a philosophy professor at a small university in the Northeast Ohio in the States. My wife and I have 4 children who are out on their own, and 2 grandchildren--who just visited for a wonderful weekend.

One of my biggest questions concerns my great grandfather, George Tidman. It turns out that he was something of a black sheep. I'll post my questions about him in the "black sheep" forum.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    I see you are finding your way around the forums just fine and have already posted in the brickwalls forum about your great grandfather George Tidman.
    Hopefully it won't be too long before help arrives from our members.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs