Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Eve
    A couple of points-I noted that in the 1861 Census the surname of Isabella is JACOB not Jacobs- is this an error or is she a different individual- she is recorded as b Shoreditch and in the 1851 Census Isabella JACOBS niece is b Finsbury

Another point- I had forgotten that in 2012 under the thread Henry Levy-Lewis-Sophia Levy Lewis I had researched with 3 others the Ann Isaacs and Lazarus connections. We were looking at Joel Isaacs and others as part of research into Lewis/Levy/Louisson/Jacobs et al.

Noted also ( may have no relevance but worth a note) Synagogue Scribes Will Extracts NA078 Ziporah Cohen nee Isaacs 1848 where she refers to earlier business and tenancies including one for an Eleazer Lazarus.

Will continue looking.
    Phillip

Default ISAACS-LAZARUS

Eve
    See #237 onwards under thread Henry Levy-Lewis-Sophia Levy Lewis -these posts relate to the children of Joel Isaacs.
    Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Phillip, I'm sorry, I missed your replies as they came while I was in Belize. I will have to work back through all of this and try to sort it out.
    RE Isabella JACOB vs JACOBS, I've found that surnames often lost their final 'S' over the years. (In fact, I haven't resolved how to enter them in my database as including both forms gets muddling, especially when some in a family retain it and others drop it.)
    As for Finsbury vs Shoreditch, Finsbury is a ditto for the place of birth for Elizabeth's daughter above; I figured that might have been laziness on the part of the census taker and/or the person giving the information didn't know as quite often seems to be the case.
    I'm not saying that these details are mere quibbles, but I did a lot of hunting trying to identify one or t'other Isabella JACOB(S) in the censuses and finally concluded that if nothing else, they must be the same person.
    Cheers, Eve

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Eve
    See #237 onwards under thread Henry Levy-Lewis-Sophia Levy Lewis -these posts relate to the children of Joel Isaacs.
    Phillip
    Thanks for this.
    I've got the Joel Isaacs connection via his daughter Ann (Kenandel)'s marriage to Eleazer Jacobs. Will go through the rest of your information and see if it fills in more for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12