Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Question 1884 Court Martial Records-Abbreviations

Am trying to locate an Army Court Martial/Disciplinary Record for ancestor Thomas Brennan, b. 1862 in Ireland.
    I was told he was with the Coldstream Guards for a short time circa 1880-1885 but left under undesirable circumstances. I am currently looking at records on Fold3 and see a possible match. It lists the Regiment as CI or CJ or CS Corps. (not sure) Does anyone know which regiment this was?

Can anyone tell me how the Coldstream Guards would be listed as a Regiment on this kind of document?
    Thank You.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will tell you why

CS Corps - Cold Stream Corps. Corps (military meaning) - a military unit trained to perform particular duties.

Have you tried searching on Findmypast, a pay per view site, for a military record for him?

The National Archives has a research guide about army deserters here

Someone else will be along to help I'm sure.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Reply and Thanks

Christina-thank you for your reply. Yes, I have tried findmypast.UK and found a person with my ancestor’s name and right time frame who was released from service at Aldershot but don’t know with certainty if it is my ancestor. Don’t know the significance of Aldershot. My ancestor from Batley, West Yorkshire.

Could/Would the “Cold Stream Corps” you noted include the Coldstream Guards? Thanks again.

FindMyPast has two records for a Thomas Brennan, No. 4635. One is a single page, showing "C&T Corps".
    The second record has a lot more detail - including reasons for discharge. The Corps is "Commisariat and Transport Corps".

Is this the Thomas Brennan whose record you refer to?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

First, a belated but very warm welcome to Brit-gen.

The army no. should read "T/4635" in order to find record with details of offences.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for the welcome and the information! I was not able locate that record. You mentioned the army no. T/4635–is there a certain record set in findmypast where I would use this to find the record? Thanks again.

FindMyPast -

Click on "Search" and select "Military, armed forces and conflict"

"Brennan" in "Last name" (name variants not ticked) and "t/4635" in "Soldier number" should return 1 hit.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thank You

Thank you all for your help. Alas, the record you were able to direct me to confirmed that the person I thought was my ancestor was not---born in Leitrim instead of Mayo. Thank you much.