Loves to help with queries

Default Richmond Barracks, Dublin

Apologies if this should be on a military thread,admin please move if required.

I am trying to find out which regiments were stationed in this barracks in 1871 and would be grateful for any information tips or resources material available in order to start my research on a Michael Hanbury, a soldier who gave Richmond Barracks as his address on his marriage to Mary Toole,

Regards

Tullamore.

Info sought on Terence Hanbury not Michael ,sorry for confusion as I could not see a way to correct original post

The marriage was on 13 July, 1871 and the 1st battalion, 9th Regiment was at Richmond Barracks at this time. FindMy past has several entries under "Military" for a Terence Hanbury, 9th regiment, born Killtartan, Gort, Galway 1833.

Possibility?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

In Sept 1871 the 9th Regiment of Foot (1st Battalion) transferred from Richmond Barracks to Cork.

Irish Genealogy has an image of the birth registration of Catherine Hanbury, Cork, 6 Feb 1872, parents Terence Hanbury, Cork Barracks, Private 9th Regiment and Mary Hanbury, formerly Toole - birth registered 5 Mar 1872.

There's a Terence Hanbury, age 27, born Wales, lodging with the Duignam family in Dublin on the 1901 Census.

Irish genealogy has the marriage of a Terence Hanbury (father Terence Hanbury, soldier) to a Mary Dignam, on 17 November 1901. There's also the 1909 death of a Terence Hanbury, age 35,Dublin South - .

Yet to spot a Hanbury birth in Wales - YoB about 1874?

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    There's a Terence Hanbury, age 27, born Wales, lodging with the Duignam family in Dublin on the 1901 Census.

Irish genealogy has the marriage of a Terence Hanbury (father Terence Hanbury, soldier) to a Mary Dignam, on 17 November 1901. There's also the 1909 death of a Terence Hanbury, age 35,Dublin South - .
    Thank you ,yes I did note a T H with the Dignam family but as you stated did not find a Welsh birth and I will look into the 1909 death

A couple more baptisms, in case you don't have them.

Courtesy of Irish Genealogy.
    LAURENTIUS HANBURY
    Date of Birth 1 April 1879
    Address 6 TRIPOLI
    Father TERENTIUS HANBURY, Mother MARIAE TOOLE
    Sponsor ANNA DOOLEN (could be DOLEN)

Name MICHL PETER HANBERRY [sic]
    Date of Birth 1 July 1875
    Address 4 TRIPOLI
    Father TERENCE HANBERRY, Mother MARY TOOLE
    Sponsors: PATK TOOLE JANE MORAN
    Alma

Re. the Wales PoB, Terence Hanbury's army record states intended place of residence on leaving the army was "Pembroke Dock, South Wales". The Board that met to review his discharge convened on 26 August 1873.