Default Need help ww1 3445 LCpl J Bolam

Can anyone help me with my reaching my great grandad 3445 John Bolam MM joined July 1912 MM 1917 shot in April 1918 at the battle of lys
    He served with Northumberland fusiliers but served with all these battalion 2nd battalion - 1st battalion - back to 2nd battalion -13 the batt - 8th batt - 9th batt - Depot I'm trying to get dates of when he served with each battalions so i can place him on the battle field
    Anyone please help
    This is a link to my research so far
    https://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...tby-rotherham/

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain the connection.

Be aware that 60% plus of WW1 service records were destroyed by bombing/fire in WW11. Medal Roll index cards and Award and medal records do survive but these very veery rarely have any personal information on them.
    There are war dairies on The National Archives site but these would only give you the information for each regiment/battalion without mentioning any of the lower ranks by name.
    I will take a look and see what I can find.
    WW1 service records are licensed by TNA to ancestry.com and Findmypast both pay per view sites. Both have a free library version so your library may have one of them.
    Christina.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Looking at the, to me extremely detailed, information found so far (scroll down on the link given in post #1) I would think there is very little which could be added apart from if anyone knows how Sgt Dywer can find out the dates his great grandad transferred from one battalion to another.

The only suggestion I can make is to read the war dairies of the first battalion he served with to see if there is a mention of x number of men being transferred to the next battalion he served with, and then do the same with that battalion, etc. Alternatively, because you know that he was in a certain battalion at a certain date, work your way backwards through the war dairies.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thank you for your response
    I have looked at all senorios I just Carnot understand why it took him until December 1915 to get to the front I'm also thinking was he in hospital on the 1st day of Somme or there on the Somme I know he was wounded in April but don't know if he was shot or gassed its most likely gassed fact I need to know I'm also a soldier and served in combat situation in afghanistan Iraq Kosovo Northern Ireland and I would want to be accurate in what I write up for my family when finished its been 3 years of research i have done and I also told my mother before she passed i will find out his story so I do need to finish any help or ideas would be great from anyone please check my link above read what I have found so far

We shall grow old but never forgotten !!!!