Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

But also disappointing as nothing more is to be found out along that line.......incidentally, Sarah Ann already had a child when she married - his birth is not registered until 1881 BUT in the 1881 census, just a few months after their marriage, he is already 3 years old! The husband probably is the father in that case.

Famous for offering help & advice

I suspect that Samuel Jr was actually 3 months old, not 3 years, and that the enumerator has made a mistake when copying over the household schedule. His birth was registered the first quarter of 1881 so he's likely to have been born Dec 1880-Mar 1881 (the 1939 register gives his full DoB, which it ties in with this).

Trying to think how else you might tie Sarah Ann back to the other siblings, and other than hoping she witnessed a marriage (unlikely) then perhaps you might get lucky with municipal burial records. I was able to link some of my family this way as even though they were in 'common' plots, families were still often buried in the same grave or in adjoining plots - but I think I was just lucky with that.

I'll keep thinking!

Famous for offering help & advice

Completely off-topic in terms of Sarah Ann, but I see Samuel Herbert was awarded the British Empire Medal in 1952

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...upplement/3036

Many thanks for that interesting information, I've saved it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123