Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Royal pioneer corps

Hello
    Not sure if I'm on the correct forum or should this be on the brickwall forum? but I am trying to trace a John Dennis Newton birth about 1933
    on his wedding Certificate 1953 it had age 19 he was down as a private 22621958 of the Royal Pioneers Corps address was Musketry Barracks Purfleet Essex. father Anthony Newton I cannot find any information on him at all we do know he did not stay married to Dorothy P Darrington. any help would be great
    regards
    Lizziejane

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Don't worry about picking the wrong forum - the Moderators can always change things, either at your request or if something will clearly give better results.

The MOD has not yet released service records for 1921 or after. Assuming that the person is dead, family members can buy a copy.There's an explanation HERE. Note the requirement for a death certificate.

Your other potential problem is that we cannot allow details about (potentially) living people on the open forum, although people can supply information via the private message (pm) system.

You could try looking for death certificates - I can't see anything for John Dennis Newton up to 1984 (when FreeBMD stops, but of course he's possibly still alive (or died later).
    Have you looked for a divorce? When and where would limit your search a bit.

Thanks for replying that's a shame that we cannot look at his service records that's all the lead we have, If it's the correct person I'm trying to follow he seems to have been married twice more one in 1966 to a Pauline E Wooldridge, I cannot even find a birth with the Fathers name Anthony Newton, Not even a divorce
    Thanks again for the information
    Regards
    Lizziejane

Mr John Dennis Newton
    Birth Date 5 Jul 1933
    Died 27 May 2010
    Residence at Death - Bishop'S Stortford, Hertfordshire, England
    Postal Code District - Cm23

Birth
    John D Newton Dec 1/4 1933 Registration district West Ham, Essex. vol 4a page 121 Mother's maiden name Ling

The birth is the only one I can find for a John D Newton 1933 +/- 2 years anywhere in England and Wales on FreeBMD but it doesn't fit with a birthday of July given in the death registration as births were to be registered within a 6 week period
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hello, yes I saw both of those and agree with Ling but the birth month and the fact
    Long married a Henry not a Anthony!
    that's why I was trying to go down the route from the info that is given on his marriage cert to Dorothy
    Thank you for your help
    Lj

As I said to someone else recently, middle names were not always registered - sometimes they were only added at baptism or even later. If you can't find a John Dennis, you may need to check Johns...

Thinking about it, even if you manage to get his service records, it won't help you with what happened to him after he left the forces. In the UK, the best team for finding living (or fairly recently dead) is the Salvation Army Finding People service. I know that some of our members have had luck with them. See HERE. If someone is still alive, they also help with first contact.

Reputation beyond repute

If you believe that he married again, surely you need the marriage certificate(s) to confirm that it's the same man.

Hello
    Not sure how that would help? On his first marriage Certificate the address was the barracks and his Army number but as its 1953 he would only be doing his National service?
    regards
    Lj

Not necessarily. He could have signed up for an army career.