+ Reply to Thread
    Settling in
    Thanks

Default Mary Wiberry (or Wiborough?) Norfolk

Mary Wiberry married William Skerry in August 1814, in Grimstone, Norfolk, her birthplace is given as Grimstone in the subsequent censuses and her birth year around 1796. I have looked all through the Grimstone Archdeacon's records and the only similar names I can find are Thomas Wiborough (from Leziate) who marries Ann Smith in 1793, this couple then baptised Elizabeth, 1796, John and Tabitha, 1799, Charlotte, 1808 and Hannah 1812, but no mention of a Mary and I don't think there were any pages missing around those dates. Later in Grimstone there is an Ann Whyberry living and born in Grimstone age 70 and widowed in the 1841 census and 80 in the 1851 census. One of the children of Mary and William Skerry is called Whyberry. An Elizabeth Wiberry was a witness to the marriage of Mary and William. The Elizabeth of the Grimstone family was married in 1816 so would have still had her maiden name if she was the sister. But I am really stuck now and would be grateful if anyone could help me get a bit further.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,280 Times in 2,126 Posts

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    the parish where they married is Grimston. There appears to be another Grimston in Yorkshire with the alternative spelling of Grimstone.
    The other witness is a Thomas Ravens(?)
    I'll look further
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply, its definitely the Norfolk one, and also it is spelled both with and without the e. The surname seems to be spelled in many different ways too!

+ Reply to Thread