BrianBS

Default William Cawley the regicide

Hello
    I return, after a long absence, with a plea. Is anyone (or do you know of anyone) out there researching or done research into the family history of William Cawley the regicide (1602-1666)?
    Brian

Knowledgeable and helpful

In answer to your plea, no I don't know of any researching or having done any research about him. However if you Google the name and the word regicide there is an awful lot of info out there.

Emeltee

BrianBS

Hello emeltee
    Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I have already thoroughly researched WC regicide and his ancestors/descendants. My 3g grandmother was a Cawley and her ancestors all lived in the Halton/Runcorn of Cheshire. My dilemma is that the seal WC regicide used to sign King Charles I’s death warrant is in the possession of a cousin of mine and I have other evidence (letters, etc) that clearly indicate that the two families are connected. I have some thoughts on where the connection could be and I am looking for someone with knowledge of WC regicide and his family tree with whom I can discuss/confirm these thoughts.
    Brian