Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Patruck Murray - ASC & Irish National Army?

Hi all.

This is my first post. Trying to work out something (anything) about my long lost grandfather Patrick MURRAY. Born in Dublin some time between 1882 and 1889 (I think). I have his British Army records (Reg No: T/I 2424) and they indicate that he joined the British Army in 1914 but was discharged in 1915 due to his poor eyesight (he was a driver in Army Service Corps).

I've just obtained his Irish National Army records (Reg No: 46648) and there's an anomaly which I can't work out. He joined in 1923 and was discharged in 1924, due to problems with his teeth. His medical record also indicates that he has a head wound (or perhaps hand wound - the records are difficult to decipher in some sections), which was incurred in 1916 - possibly in France (once again, difficult to read this bit).

So, if he was discharged from the Army in 1915, how he got injured in 1916 is something of a puzzle. Could he have re-enlisted? I can't find any military records for him beyond those mentioned above.
    I also have no current means of confirming his birth or death dates - but the search continues.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Do you know the name of "Patrick Murray's" parents? There are 18 "Patrick Murray's" registered born in Dublin between 1882 and 1889

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....&submit=Search

The only pension service records I can find on ancestry for a Patrick Murray born Ireland in the ASC who was discharged in Feb 1915 with bad eyesight has the service number 9652. I cab see the number you give above the service number but I don't know what it refers to.
    You have the name of his wife and his children from these records so if you want to go further back you need to find his marriage record to Francis Mary Talbot (?) on 19 October 1907.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

On Irish Genealogy
    Patrick Murray wed Frances Talbot 11 October 1907
    Group registration ID 2060971 Registration area - Dublin South
    How to order a certificate is explained here

Christina
    William Burroughs

1911 census
    Summerhil Mountjoy Dublin
    Patrick Murray 27 Brush maker can read and write RC
    Francis Murray 27 can read and write RC
    John Michael Murray 3 RC
    Patrick Gerard Murray 2 months RC
    Elizabeth Talbot 58 M=in=L can read and write C of E
    All born Dublin City

Christina
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfields View Post
    Do you know the name of "Patrick Murray's" parents? There are 18 "Patrick Murray's" registered born in Dublin between 1882 and 1889

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....&submit=Search
    Hi Paddyfields

I know that his father was William Murray. I think his mother was Mary - Maiden name unknown.
    Regards and thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Christanel - I have this information :-)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks again Christina - I have that information

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    The only pension service records I can find on ancestry for a Patrick Murray born Ireland in the ASC who was discharged in Feb 1915 with bad eyesight has the service number 9652. I cab see the number you give above the service number but I don't know what it refers to.
    You have the name of his wife and his children from these records so if you want to go further back you need to find his marriage record to Francis Mary Talbot (?) on 19 October 1907.
    Christina
    Thanks Christina - The number I quoted is Patrick's Regimental number. I've traced his marriage record and I've found reference to him in the 1901 and 1911 census records.

I'm trying to work out why/how he would have incurred a head injury in 1916 (possibly in France) when he'd already been discharged from the British Army - in 1915.

If he'd somehow re-enlisted, I can't find any record of his subsequent service in the Army.