Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Malcolm that's not what I see. I must be at a different URL.

I am at https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk

I have added the image below

I use a Mac. Does that make any difference?

Hi Lesley. I have his birth records. It was Hawick in Dec 1912. We was a Pow in the Far East. Taken prisoner in HK in Dec 1941 and was in HK and Japan. Not sure about prior to be in HK. That's the mystery.

A fountain of knowledge

Hi Paul,

You are on the wrong site. You are logged on to Forces War Records.

You need to be on British Genealogy Forum where you are posting your messages. (click on blue link to go to home page)

Although if you are entering your messages on FWR and they are appearing here, there must be some way on FWR to track them, but I haven't used FWR so can't advise.

maybe a moderator can help/explain? Hint. Hint.

Regards,
    Malcolm.
    Last edited by macwil; 05-04-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: additional comment.

I have referred this to the FWR admin - I can't see how on earth you can log in on one forum and have everything appear on the other one, even though we have the same owners, it doesn't normally happen.

Have you previously had a British Genealogy Forum identity? If so, did you use the same user name and password for BG and FWR?

Not that you're not welcome, of course!

For some reason when I go to British Genealogy website it brings up the FWR forum. it might be cookies but I don't understand it.

A fountain of knowledge

I don't understand that either.

Anyway I sent Lesley a PM alerting her to the problem. She has alerted admin at FWR (see post#14) your last post might have Brit-Gen admin involved as well.

I'll have to leave it up to them, I'm afraid it's beyond my expertise. Sorry

We’re reading you on BG, so you should get the help you need, whatever is going on!

thewideeyedowl

Default HK Royal Naval Dockyard during WW2

Hi Paul and all...

Intrigued by this thread, I keyed 'Hong Kong Royal Naval Dockyard Police' into a search engine and quite a lot came up. Of the links I then followed, the most interesting seems to be this one: https://industrialhistoryhk.org/world...aval-dockyard/. As you will see, it is from a site devoted to industrial history and includes a plan of the naval dockyard. Any help, or perhaps you have seen it already?

Paul - I also came across your posts on the site dedicated to Old Hong Kong, which seems to be a very interesting site. See: https://gwulo.com/node/40771. It is always wise to cast your net as wide as possible, as you never know what's going to turn up where and what will eventually provide the lead you need. Or, at least, that is what I have found with my own researches.

Have you looked at the website of The National Archives [TNA]. You will find a number of records there, but you would probably have to visit Kew (or pay a researcher) if you wanted to consult them. But there is stuff there.

Anyway, all the very best with this research - hope you will keep us posted with progress as this is such an interesting topic.

Swooping off.

Owl

Hi jpanichol
    when you are on the forum page for FWR, (the image you posted) scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the Left of the green bar there is a little white box with FWR in it. Click on the Down arrow and up come the words Quick style chooser and underneath that British Genealogy. Click on British-Genealogy and you will then be on the complete BG site (with the military forums) not just the Military forums section of BG which is in the green colour bars of FWR.
    It is explained here
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks Owl. I will take a look at the sites which you have provided links to. I have already made a contact on the Old Hong Kong site and she is doing research into the HK Dockyard Police which might be to my benefit.

Paul..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast