Default Information on Howard and Benson Family

Hello,

I’m researching my 3x great grandparents: Thomas William Joseph Howard (born 1873 in Newcastle upon Tyne) and Sarah Jane Benson (born 1873 in Gateshead, Durham).

Thomas William Joseph Howard’s parents were Thomas Howard and Margaret Gilchrist and he had five siblings.
    I believe Sarah Jane Benson’s parents were Thomas Oliver Benson and Elizabeth Smith.

Thomas and Sarah married on 14 May 1894 in Gateshead and had two children: Margaret Elizabeth (born 1894) and Cyril (born 1898). Both born in South Shields, Durham.

Thomas died in 1944 in Durham County and Sarah died in 1956 in Durham County.

Thomas was a Driver in the 1st Northumbrian Brigade (later renamed the 250th Brigade), Royal Field Artillery during the First World War. His service numbers were: 1290 and 750342.
    He received the Silver War Badge in 1917.
    It looks like he might have lied about his age when he enlisted as his service record states his age in 1914 as 34 when actually he would have been about 41.

I have looked through the available WW1 records for him on the major subscription websites.

I have also seen the available Census records for them (in Northumberland and Durham) and I’ve looked at the 1939 Register and found a Sarah J Howard living at 11 North View, Stanley, Durham (possibly born in 1873, the writing is not clear). The other member of the household’s information is still closed.

I was wondering if anyone has any other information or photographs for them and their family (especially during the First World War) other than what I’ve already listed above.
    Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum!

Don't give up if you don't get a quick answer - sometimes it takes days or weeks (or longer, my record is 5 years) before someone with the answer turns up.
    Have you checked the local papers of the time?

Thank you.
    I have looked through online newspapers for them using different spelling of their names, addresses, occupations etc... Haven't found anything so far.