Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Settling in

As he was married in 1834 it can't be the last two. I believe it could be born 1817. as the rest matches what I thought. My birth dates suggest 1814 or 15 but may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by linleeridge View Post
    As he was married in 1834 it can't be the last two. I believe it could be born 1817. as the rest matches what I thought. My birth dates suggest 1814 or 15 but may be wrong.
    The last two are for THOMAS. I posted the first two for Samuel and then two for Thomas so you could compare the details.
    Alma

Settling in

We noticed that Ann Smith was a witness to their marriage but she is not known. The other information you supplied is nearly correct but their ages are only nearly correct. It does not tally with Samuels birth mentioned on another of your posts. More research to confirm. Maybe the address in Walmersley would assist. I am using a number of family trees as my data but of course they may not be correct.

If this is a reference to the census return then it is possible that ages may be a little out, census returns are known to not always be exact. The 1841 census can be a few years out as people were instructed to round down to the nearest five (for folks above 15yrs). So, for example, a person aged 19Yrs would have been entered as 15.

The other information you supplied is nearly correct but their ages are only nearly correct.
    Be very careful if you are using others online family trees, there are so many badly researched trees with wrong information.

I am using a number of family trees as my data but of course they may not be correct.
    Alma

Don't think so. However I have noticed a Susanna Smith in some of the census documents. May be another relation.
    A Susanna Smith witnessed Thomas Smith's marriage.

Marriage: 22 May 1856 St Mary the Virgin, Bury, Lancashire, England
    Thomas Smith - 24, Clog & Patten Maker, Bachelor, Robin Road
    Ellen Nuttall - 28, Spinster, Holcome Brook
    Groom's Father: John Smith, Farmer
    Bride's Father: James Nuttall, Joiner
    Witness: James Entwistle; Susanna Smith, (X)
    Married by Certificate by: E. J. Hornby Rector
    Alma

The census for 1841 I posted at #4, is for John and Mary, with son Thomas, possibles for Samuel's parents, and his brother Thomas who is aged 9yrs on the census - so born 1832 as you said.
    Alma

Settling in

Thomas born 1832 seems to be correct to me. He immigrated to Australia and died in Greta only an hour away from me. I am in contact with Betty Pope who is one of his descendants.

Settling in

I have found in the Lancashire On Line Parish Clerks Baptism details for Samuel Smith. Born 15th Feb 1817, Bap.15th march 1817 Son of James Smith and Mary ?
    Abode Walmersley. Occupation weaver. Baptised by W. Highton Min.
    Register Baptisms 1813 - 1817 Page 256 Entry 2043. Source LDS film 559157

Also found on the same source, Burial notice 18th March 1817 age 1 month. Samuel Smith son of James Smith & Mary? Abode Walmersley.
    Buried by James Higgins Min.Register of Burials 1813 - 1819, Page 174, Entry 1387
    Source LDS film 0559161.

I do not know if these 2 are connected or if any relation but details are similar.

Settling in

Also from census documents Samuels residence may be in Brookhouse Street Tottington near Walmserly Road. Also wondering if the parents of Samuel are John & Mary and not James & Mary. More checking needed.

Also from census documents Samuels residence may be in Brookhouse Street Tottington near Walmserly Road. Also wondering if the parents of Samuel are John & Mary and not James & Mary. More checking needed.
    I think it more likely to be the one first on the list at post #3. His parents are John and Mary.
    Alma

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast