Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Pleased to have found you all

Hi Tracy here.

I have been left some documents by my dear dad relating to my grandfather (East Lancashire Regiment in Normandy WW2) and great grandfather (Royal Army Medical Corps WW1) and this has refuelled my interest in researching their time in both wars. I would love to learn more about both, but I have been struggling particularly to find much about my great grandfather who served in Mesopotamia. I am very lucky to have some old certificating and documents if anybody is interested to see them and I will hunt the correct forum to share and to seek further assistance if anyone can help me.

I can see that this site has an abundance of topics so I shall be stuck to my computer for an in-depth search for most of this weekend!

Happy Easter to all.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Have a look around, choose a suitable forum, and then tell us about them.
    Regarding WW2, those records are still help by the MOD, but you should be able to buy a copy - you'll need a copy of his death certificate and 30 pounds. See HERE.
    About 60% of WW1 records were destroyed during WW2. There other sources for bits of information.

Don't forget to include name and number in your queries - it makes things so much easier!