Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Kathleen King 1908 diary

Hi

Many years ago I bought an old diary from a junk shop. The author is a young
    female Irish teacher who went to teach English in a German (Braubach) school in 1908.
    Her very detailed diary covers her school & life experiences from Oct to Dec of that year.
    I've just started to transcribe the diary onto my computer. I've done some initial
    searches on the Mormon site and have found some possible Kathleen Kings, but
    have not got any further. Just wondering if there are any Kings out there who
    might be interested in helping me track down her family connections.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Does she mention any useful details such as her birthday or family names?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Grandson of Kathleen King

I’m not sure that this is the same Kathleen King but my grandmother Kathleen was in GERMANY attending finishing school around that time. She was a prolific diarist. Her maiden name was Murphy but she married
    Dr. Edward King in 1918. Would love to establish whether she was the author. I have examples of her handwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    Hi

Many years ago I bought an old diary from a junk shop. The author is a young
    female Irish teacher who went to teach English in a German (Braubach) school in 1908.
    Her very detailed diary covers her school & life experiences from Oct to Dec of that year.
    I've just started to transcribe the diary onto my computer. I've done some initial
    searches on the Mormon site and have found some possible Kathleen Kings, but
    have not got any further. Just wondering if there are any Kings out there who
    might be interested in helping me track down her family connections.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan King View Post
    I’m not sure that this is the same Kathleen King but my grandmother Kathleen was in GERMANY attending finishing school around that time. She was a prolific diarist. Her maiden name was Murphy but she married
    Dr. Edward King in 1918. Would love to establish whether she was the author. I have examples of her handwriting.
    Hi -- thanks very much for your reply. Kathleen's name inside her 1908 diary is given as King and her address is given as Miltown, Kerry. From birth and marriage certificates I've found on Ancestry.co.uk, I'm pretty certain I've found her parents and husband (Charles Wright). If you send me your email address I could send you a link to the tree I've built up on the Ancestry site. By the way, there is another address in her diary: 9 Summerfield, Broomhill, Sheffield, England.