Default POLISH FORCES WW11

Hopefully this site can help fill in some of the blanks regarding my deceased father's war record. He seldom talked about his experiences but he did tell me that at the start of the war he was captured by the Russians and shipped from Poland to Siberia, but his war record states that between 1941-1945 he was in Austria possibly as a civilian and then in 1945 he joined "W" regiment of the Polish army.I have photos of him in military uniform possibly in Italy, his dog tags and a few medals. He spoke fluent italian, German and Russian as well as Polish and English.One response i received stated that many polish POWs were shipped to Austria from Siberia by the Russians but i have no idea why.
    His records state that when he came to the UK after the war he was based in a camp in Castleton near Newport South Wales , again i can find no details of this facility. If this is the wrong site for my questions any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    I think you may have come to us from Forces War Records so reading this will explain the connection.
    Hopefully some of our members will be able to help
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs