Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Revell family Liverpool

I am searching for my father's 2ndWW RAF record and also my mother who was a WRAF my father was Richard Revell dob 16.6.1913 in Bootle Liverpool and my mother was Agnes Riggall dob 19.8.1919 in Louth Lincs.

I have tried lots of sites but only find people who died in the war.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

The reason you can't find any service records post-1921 online is because they are still held by the Ministry of Defence. This will tell you all about applying for the records though it'll be a little expensive as you will need to send thirty pounds for each record. You will also need to send a copy of each death certificate.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...-WW2-amp-after

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Revell Riggall

Thanks for your help I have downloaded the relevant forms, hope it doesn’t take a year though.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that someone got the records they'd requested in about three months.
    That may have been because the name requested was unusual and was easy to find, or because the requestee provided information which enabled the MoD to pick out that particular John Smith from all the others. I still have to apply for my uncle's records and although his name might not be as common as John Smith it's not that unusual but I know his date and place of birth, parents' names, his regiment (or one of them) and that he was injured at Anzio. All of which should help locate him fairly quickly once my request is top of the pile.

I've just re-read Lesley's post and realised that she doesn't say that the information in the service records varies from person to person. So you might get twenty pages about your mum but only three about your dad. Seems to have always been the case. I know over 60% of service records from WWI were destroyed by fire and bombing in WW2, but in the surviving records (which are online) you can have one person with loads of pages and the next person in the file has two.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”