Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up St Joseph's children's home

Hi all,

I'm trying to trace a Catholic home run by Nuns where I was placed with my two young siblings.

It was based in Enfield, but I have tried to trace the home with no success. I was probably aged 4 till 7 or so before being whisked off to Parents native country.

Does anyone know where it is, if it's still functional or defunct?

I remember Carl a young American child who I shared a room with in one of the houses. The catholic home was set up with a holistic living arrangement. Every child was placed in a house and there was a Nanny or a Social worker living in too. Was quite nicer than home where my father battered mother constantly. I believe it was privately owned and not state run. Never recalled mother visiting us as she was depressed mentally as a victim of domestic violence by father.

It's just that as a lawyer, now I'm training to be a Social worker to contribute to the care industry. No child should live in fear.

In the house, Carl was naughty at times! He would urinate in a cup and pass it off as a drink. A bit of a nasty handful he was! I didnt see it as abuse snywsy. I still taste the horrible liquid in that cup now!

Anyway, I just wanted to know what happened to the home. Anyone?
    Last edited by Maturelady2018; 28-02-2018 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Typo Errors