Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've just been looking at that birth certificate - did you notice that the mother's usual address is given as Dunblane? That's in Stirlingshire and there were nearer hospitals. There's all sorts of potential reasons why she gave birth in Glasgow - anything from having been visiting someone to medical complications or wartime appropriation of hospitals, but it was common, even as late as the 1960s, for unwed mothers to move somewhere else for the birth to try and reduce gossip.

Was he brought up by relatives?
    Note that Adam's name would not be on the birth cert unless he had gone with her to register the birth.

Wikipedia has a list of old RAF stations HERE if you want to try and work out which were near Dunblane, but beyond that, it's just guessing.

I see that a Grace Anne Queen married John Peter Boyle in 1945 in Stirling. Scotlands People has weddings for 4 other Graces, between 1943 and 1970, but none were in Stirlingshire and the others had other (or none in 1 case) middle names. It looks as though she went home after the birth.
    Scotlands People normally has maintenance hearings (as part of the Register of Corrected Entries) cross referenced to a mark (and hotlink) on the birth certificates, but this time period is too modern for online certificates - hard copies are available. However, this was the middle of WW2 - one can't reply on everything having been done by the book.

Grace Ann Queen/Boyle died in 2010 in Clackmannanshire aged 85. Her mother's surname was Weir.

Among the births, I can only find one GAQ of a likely age in 1943 - born 1924 in Cowdenbeath, which is in Fife - much further south. There's 2 other Graces, no middle name, born Glasgow in 1921 and 1922, but again they can't be downloaded.

None of which gets us nearer Adam, it's just nice to actually find some info!

I can't prove it's him, but the Perthshire Advertiser for Sat 25 March 1944 has a photo of "RAF bridegroom Corporal Adam Simpson, of Perth, with his bride from Ayr, Miss Annie Kerr, pictured at Perth Registrar's Office with their attendants, Mr Robert Simpson and Mrs E. Simpson, both of Perth".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12