Thread: Dori watts

Default Dori watts

I have some letters i would like to send to the family of thomas skipp 900261..he was killed in 1943..just thought his family should have them,,love letters and how his training was going in canada...

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Dori,

Welcome to British-Genealogy. What a lovely reason to join us.

The CWGC site says Thomas Frank Skipp was 22 when he died on 28 October 1943, the son of Frank Thomas Skipp, and of Sarah Louisa Skipp of Shepherds Bush. He was a sergeant in the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, and is buried in Acton cemetery.

Frank Thomas Skipp and Sarah Louisa King married June quarter 1914 in Fulham registration district.
    Their children were
    Phyllis D. Birth registered December quarter 1914
    Doris F, June quarter 1916
    Joan E, September 1919
    Thomas F, March 1921
    Ronald H, December 1922
    Patrica M, March 1925, though it would seem that she died March quarter 1927
    and possibly Doreen I, birth registered June quarter 1930.

There is also a Patrica O, born in 1928, but that's Marylebone registration district, so she could belong to a different family.

Doris, Joan, and Ronald are living with Frank and Sarah in the 1939 Register so I know they're correct.

Back shortly, unfortunately household duties call.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thankyou for the info,,its been a bit of a mission to find thomas skipps family,,my aunt lived in calgary alberta canada,where he was staioned while learning to fly,,they were in love and his letters to her were about his feelings and day to day life in the airforce,,i doubt his family ever knew of her,,maybe when he went home he may of told them,,my aunt died in 1998 and i was given all her stuff,, have read theses letters a few times now and as i approach being a senior myself i just thought it was a bit of his familys history to know about him,,,and what he was like as a 21year old pilot ,,anyway if you could get me some address to send them too,,that would be great,, thankyou again for answering me,,dori watts. Keremeos. B.c. Canada

Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one address for you - or at least an area so you could write to a local paper asking if anyone knows a descendant.
    We're not allowed to post details of possible living people on the forum so I will send you further details about them by private message. Give me a couple of days because it gets complicated trying to trace people forward and think of all the places to check for details. .

Phyllis D Skipp married Wilfred H Lay June quarter 1937 Hammersmith registration district. They had three children.

Having a bit of trouble with Doris so will have to come back to her.

Joan E Cooper married Douglas H Reynolds March quarter 1940 in Hammersmith registration district. They had one son.
    Douglas Henry Reynolds died in 1944, and is listed on the Commonwealth War Graves site as aged 26, the husband of Joan Enid Reynolds of Shepherd's Bush.
    Thanks to details against her name in the 1939 Register, I found that as Joan E Reynolds she then married Harry F Cooper in December quarter 1946 Hammersmith registration district. They had one daughter.

Ronald H Skipp married in 1947 in Hammersmith, and his wife might have died in 2012. They had three children.
    Ronald Herbert Skipp, death registration March quarter 1979 Havering registration district. (A registration district is an administrative area. Havering is in Essex, um, or not. It would appear to now be part of Greater London.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/havering.html
    The Probate Calendar for 1980 says that Ronald lived at 61 Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, Essex

Will also come back to Doreen.

Have to scoot now. There's a car to de-snow and de-frost before I can hopefully make it to the hairdressers and the supermarket before more snow arrives.

Pam

Back again.

Found Doris.
    Doris Frances Skipp married Alan W Pavitt in 1940.
    I can't see that they had any children.
    Her death was registered June quarter 2000 Southend on Sea registration district.
    Think her husband was Alan Walpole Pavitt who died in 2010.

I think I've found a possible marriage for Doreen, but otherwise zilch for her.

I will finish off the children from the earlier marriages I found and possible locations for them and send you a private message tomorrow. (Bit tired at the moment, so am not concentrating properly. )

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Back again.

Found Doris.
    Doris Frances Skipp married Alan W Pavitt in 1940.
    I can't see that they had any children.
    Her death was registered June quarter 2000 Southend on Sea registration district.
    Think her husband was Alan Walpole Pavitt who died in 2010.

I think I've found a possible marriage for Doreen, but otherwise zilch for her.

I will finish off the children from the earlier marriages I found and possible locations for them and send you a private message tomorrow. (Bit tired at the moment, so am not concentrating properly. )

Pam
    I posted a pic of Thomas and dora on my Facebook page..