Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    We have Christina's 1911 census with William Fellows and wife Alice (maiden name Jones) but no marriage has been found.

A William Fellows married Harriet Jones in Aston in 1905, thus far that couple haven't been found in 1911. So,.........is it possible Harriet Jones and Alice Jones are one and the same person??????
    Thanks Christanel and everyone, this is the family I am looking for. I also have considered that Harriet Jones M1905 could be a possibility, also that they may not have married.

She is Alice Jones on their son Leslie Thomas's birth certificate.

William Fellows was born 21 Feb 1882 (according to the 1939 register) but as previously mentioned there is no sign of him prior to 1911 apparently born Birmingham, Alice 1887 Aston.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Sorry. Alice Jones born Nottingham 1882 according to 1911 census. Born 1887 according to the 1939 register.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by amounteney View Post
    Sorry. Alice Jones born Nottingham 1882 according to 1911 census. Born 1887 according to the 1939 register.

Alan
    If this is Alice's death, it seems most likely she was born closer to 1887, than 1882, but, like you I can't find a suitable birth in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire.

Deaths Mar 1941 Fellows Alice 55 Coventry 6d 1432

There's a Harriet Jones birth Mar qrt 1881 in Nottingham, 7b 235
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes, I think this is Alice's death date, it is looking more likely to possibly be Harriet Jones who married William Fellows in 1905 Aston as there is a Harriet Jones on the 1901 census for Aston aged 20 born Collingham Nottinghamshire to Thomas and Elizabeth.

Alan

Brick wall demolition expert!

How about:

John William Fellows who married either Florence Edith Marsh or Alice Maud Jones in July Quarter of 1904 in Dudley?

Have had time to sense check this against other census entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    How about:

John William Fellows who married either Florence Edith Marsh or Alice Maud Jones in July Quarter of 1904 in Dudley?

Have had time to sense check this against other census entries.
    I discounted that one, Megan, as a John William Fellows and wife Florence Edith along with a son Joseph Ronald Marsh Fellows are on 1911 census, in Coseley Staffs. RG14; Piece: 17414; Schedule Number: 114
    Alma

Name well known on Brit-Gen

As a late comer!

Do you have Leslie Fellows birth certificate? If so what does it state for his parents....? If not I would recommend you apply for the .pdf from www.gro.gov.uk at a cost of £6

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Megan and Alma.

I will order up William and Harriet's marriage certificate and let you know the outcome.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the suggestion, however I do already have the birth certificate which confirms the parentage.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by amounteney View Post
    Thanks Megan and Alma.

I will order up William and Harriet's marriage certificate and let you know the outcome.
    Unfortunately the marriage certificate for William Fellows and Harriet Jones proves that this William is not the one I am looking for.
    Thanks everyone I shall keep looking.
    Alan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12