Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EDWARD HOWARD

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Edward Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Hope your better now its about isn't it everyone has this cold, flu thing. Me I have to be different I was getting Gassed. Boiler Maintenance came on Friday to service the Gas Boiler its yearly service. Guess what I now have no Heating or hot water and its the coldest week again, its trying to snow again this moring.

I can't find anything on Find my Past but will try again as it was late last night when I looked and I think you have to go to "The British Library" in London for records of India. Someone said this a couple of weeks ago when we where looking for someones records from India.
    Dear Wimsey & Sandyhall,
    I have located John Frederick Howard, Born On 27 May, 1861 at Meerut to Edward Howard and Sophia. I have also found Emma Caroline Howard, Born on 31 Oct, 184 at Meerut. Edward Alfred Howard, Born on 27 Feb 1857 at Sialkot to Edward and Sophia Howard has also been traced. Lastly, I also traced a Marriage of Florence Howard on 6 Nov 1896 to Christopher James Monger at Meerut. Her Father also was Edward Howard. In the marriage certificate her age is given as 20. Therefore, she would have been born in 1876. However, I am unable to find her Birth Certificate in Findmypast. This would have helped to establish that her Father was the same Edward Howard who was married to Sophia Jones in Meerut in 1854. Do you think you could help me out on this one? And, before I forget, Thank you for finding me an additional relation - I did not know about John Frederick Howard earlier. f you ever get to trace the Marriage certificate of Edward and Sophia Jones please send me a copy. Kind regards, Ian Howard

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by IKHOWARD View Post
    Dear Wimsey & Sandyhall,
    I have located John Frederick Howard, Born On 27 May, 1861 at Meerut to Edward Howard and Sophia. I have also found Emma Caroline Howard, Born on 31 Oct, 184 at Meerut. Edward Alfred Howard, Born on 27 Feb 1857 at Sialkot to Edward and Sophia Howard has also been traced. Lastly, I also traced a Marriage of Florence Howard on 6 Nov 1896 to Christopher James Monger at Meerut. Her Father also was Edward Howard. In the marriage certificate her age is given as 20. Therefore, she would have been born in 1876. However, I am unable to find her Birth Certificate in Findmypast. This would have helped to establish that her Father was the same Edward Howard who was married to Sophia Jones in Meerut in 1854. Do you think you could help me out on this one? And, before I forget, Thank you for finding me an additional relation - I did not know about John Frederick Howard earlier. f you ever get to trace the Marriage certificate of Edward and Sophia Jones please send me a copy. Kind regards, Ian Howard
    I notice it says I have not Thanked anyone. Please forgive this lapse. I cannot Thank all of you enough for the help and assistance given to me in helping me trace my Family. Thank you, once again. Regards, Ian Howard

Growing old Disgracefully

Both her Birth and Marriage are on Find my Past I can't find a link to show you where they are.

Some one on ancestry has Florence and Christopher on their tree but they have not got/found her brother Charles Joseph yet, also when I counted the children I thought there where a lot 15 then looking a bit deeper into the family they have added her daughter Elsie Florence Mitchell nee Monger's 5 children to Florence and Christopher's family.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Edward Howard

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    I found the marriage record on the "Ancestry.com" website - there is no image/scan/photograph. To be honest I don't know how you would obtain the marriage certificate. I don't know why that marriage record is not on Find My Past.

As far as the birthplace of Edward Howard is concerned, all we know is that his father was James and he (Edward) was born about 1827 but we do not know where - so there is not much information to go on. I have not found a military record for Edward Howard which might give some clue to his birthplace.

sorry not to be more help. someone else on this forum may have some good ideas.

were you able to find some baptism and burial records on Find My Past ? was I wrong about John Frederick Howard ?
    Hi Wimsey,
    May I request you for a BIG favor. As I am not able to access Ancestry.com would you be kind enough to get a print-out of the marriage record of Edward Howard to Sophia Jones at Meerut on 27th December, 1854. I have searched Findmypast but am unable to locate their marriage on that site. Please help. Thanks. Ian Howard

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by IKHOWARD View Post
    Hi Wimsey,
    May I request you for a BIG favor. As I am not able to access Ancestry.com would you be kind enough to get a print-out of the marriage record of Edward Howard to Sophia Jones at Meerut on 27th December, 1854. I have searched Findmypast but am unable to locate their marriage on that site. Please help. Thanks. Ian Howard

As I said before - there is no image, there is no certificate or document to view or download or print. It is simply minimal details taken from a microfilm. I promise that the Ancestry record is absolutely no different to this one on Family Search

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGN4-XWF

EXCEPT that it additionally says that the record is on "FHL Film Number: 498992" which I assume refers to a microfilm - whether or not you can access that microfilm somewhere, I'm sorry, I don't know.

this is what the Ancestry record looks like

the Family Search version says that Sophia was 21 years old at time of marriage

Family Search is A service provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you can order the film to view at their Centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Family Search is A service provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you can order the film to view at their Centers.
    is there a center in Kolkata ?

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    is there a center in Kolkata ?
    India has 13 Places and may be, I am not 100 % positive there is one there. You will need to search their web site google " The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast