Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Finding Beach Family

I am new to this thread and would be most grateful for some help. I have been trying to find Charles or maybe William Beach born between 1790 to 1810 a shipwright who married or had a child to Anne or Ann Newman child was Charles born 1831. Charles born 1831 immigrated to Australia and married and had a family of which I know all his information I am just stuck on his parents Charles or William and Anne I have sent emails to heaps of people tracing Beach families and no luck. On Charles marriage and death certificate states he was born in London England this is all the information I have
    Thanks Marie

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

General questions.

Have you always searched only for Beach born 1831, or have you considered other spellings such as Beech, and a range of years such as born between 1828 and 1835?

When asked where they were born people tend to say the first place they can remember living (it was only when I started doing family history that I found a cousin had been born in London in 1948, not Lincolnshire where he'd lived for as long as I can remember knowing him!) so have you looked in other areas of the country?

When did William emigrate to Australia? Am I correct in assuming that he married there?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Pam yes I have searched all areas and years I do not know that the parents of Charles went to Australia as I cannot find any record for them. I do know son Charles married his former wife was a prisoner and died 1867(not sure if married in England or Australia or where his wife died ) then he remarried in Australia in 1879 to my Great grandmother from there I know all I want. It is from before 1867 back to his parents I have no clues on. His Father is stated as Charles on his marriage certificate 1879 and father William on his death certificate and both certificates are for the same person as I have been asked before.
    Thanks Marie

What was the occupation of Charles born 1831, and do know when he went to Australia?
    Alma

Dundee10

Death certs can be very unreliable, the father's name on the marriage cert is more likely to be correct.

Information for others wishing to help - when Charles married in 1879 he said he was a widower aged 47 and his previous wife had died in 1867. He names his father as Charles BEACH, a boat builder and his mother as Ann NEWMAN. He is a carpenter and his place of birth is London. This certificate is uploaded to what looks like your family tree on Ancestry. When he died in 1905 he was said to have been in Victoria for 28 years.

Just addressing one of your comments - the word under 'condition of parties' on the marriage certificate is 'widower', not 'prisoner'.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    What was the occupation of Charles born 1831, and do know when he went to Australia?
    Charles born 1831 was a carpenter his father was a shipwright/boat builder

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dundee10
    Thank you so much for replying and sorry it has taken me so long to respond old age doesn't help when you have so many things going on I think its call Alzheimer's lol for me. Thank you for clearing up the prisoner yes it will be my tree on Ancestry that you looked at. Once again I apologise for taking so long to respond