obdavies

Default Same Person, in different locations

I’m not sure how common this occurrence is but I’ve found an individual twice in the same census, once with their parents and siblings and once with their grandparents. I can envisage how it could happen, simply filled in the census at different times of the day, but is it a frequent occurrence?

Elizabeth McKillop is with her parents and siblings in 1911 in entry Class: RG14; Piece: 29265 at 28 Haty Street Middlesbrough and with her grandmother Margaret in entry Class: RG14; Piece: 29287 at 31 Dale Street, Middlesbrough.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

In a word, yes.
    I can't quote any examples but the question has been asked more than once on the forum.

(About three seconds later . . . I lie. )
    Have just remembered that one of hubby's relations listed at home a son who had left home and was listed elsewhere but presumably (because I've not found him anywhere else) omitted a son who should still have been living at home.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Yes it is quite a frequent occurrence, not common but quite frequent. I think that when the forms were filled in they did it as soon as the form was given to them and then circumstances meant that a person wasn't at home and was put onto the form at another place as well.

Not like with my ancestors when either the children were listed only by initials or not listed at all
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time