Default MORRIS MOSES SIMMONDS -FRANZISKA ROBERTSON

This new thread should be read in conjunction with an earlier thread on Coleman Simmonds and Esther Jesurun the parents of Morris Moses.
    Coleman Simmonds 1815-1889 was the son of Wolf Simmonds 1774-1844 and Eve Jacobs 1779-1869 ( see thread on them and also the Wolf Simmonds -Judah Lee Simmonds Prayer book.

There is significant data on Morris Moses Simmonds born St Thomas West Indies in 1855 and died Hamburg in 1925. He was a Dr and Professor of Medicine. His parents had returned to Hamburg in the 1860s from the West Indies.

There are Hamburg Marriage and Death Records for Morris and his wife Franziska Robertson b 7 July 1865 and murdered by the Nazi at Theresienstadt Concentration Camp 5 April 1944. The Jewish Gen Holocaust Records show she was deported from Hamburg 24 February 1943.

Franziska's Death record was witnessed and signed by her daughter Anna Elizabeth WICHMANN nee SIMMONDS in 1947. Franziska's death record is in German and since I cannot read the language it is difficult to understand the handwritten notes but the record shows dates up to 1948 and earlier.

The parents of Franziska were Robert Jonas Robertson and Henrietta MENDES.

Morris Moses Simmonds married Franziska Robertson 3 Oct 1889 Hamburg. Interestingly, Morris's sister married Henry Nathaniel Robertson - see Coleman Simmonds-Esther Jesurun thread.

Anna Elizabeth Simmonds was born 6 May 1893 Hamburg. She married aged 22 on 5 April 1916 in Hamburg to Carl Edmund Georg WICHMANN ( the handwriting is difficult to read so the surname spelling may not be fully accurate). Carl was born 13 Jan 1879 and was aged 37.
    His parents Franz Louis Georg Wichmann and Marie Wilhelme Jaenich? from Lubeck?

I will post further on Morris and identify if possible any more children by Morris and Franziska and also what happened to Anna- did she have children and if so, what happened to them.

Phillip

The following records are likely to be those for Anna Elizabeth Wichmann nee SIMMONDS:
    Jewish Holocaust Survivor Names printed in " Sharit Ha-Platah" 1946
    Anna WICHMANN maiden name SIMONS b 1893 Hamburg Prior Residence Hamburg

FindaGrave -Anna WICHMANN b 1893 Death 1978 Riensberg Cemetery Bremen.

Currently, I have not located a record for Carl the husband of Anna nor records of children.
    I also do not know what concentration camp Anna was in or how she survived.

Phillip