Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Researching soldiers Annezin Cemetery WW1

Quote Originally Posted by Bartongirl View Post
    Thanks SeaCopRimmer

I am trying to find the date of death of my Gr Gr Grandfather,Hugh BARTON, born 1856. He married Mary WINROW in 1876. I have traced 11 of their children but believe there may have been more. An uncle thinks he may have met Hugh in the early 1930's, he remembers an "old" man from Southport, but cannot be sure it was Hugh. I have a possible DOD for Mary in 1917. I do know that they were both alive and producing children in 1900! I have received from North Meols FHS a parish register for St Cuthberts but the deaths covered are too early. I do not yet have access to Lancashire on the 1901 census with findmypast.

Thanks

Lorraine
    Hi
    I'm teacher in Annezin (France) where Albert Barton, the son of Hugh and Mary was buried. With my students, we need informations abouts soldiers who dead in annezin during the first war. We do not want to forget them. Can you help us?
    Thanks
    Myriam

Have you looked at the Commonwealth War Graves website? CWGC.org.
    You can search without a name, just which War and cemetery. Take the children to actually visit the Graves, perhaps?

Default Commonwealth War Graves

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Have you looked at the Commonwealth War Graves website? CWGC.org.
    You can search without a name, just which War and cemetery. Take the children to actually visit the Graves, perhaps?
    Yes I did...But we did not find anything. We have written to the commonwealth War but they can't help us, so I surch any soldier's families who can help us

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hello Myriam,

Do you mean you would like to research the soldiers who are buried in Annezin Communal Cemetery?

There are 17 burials, 12 from the First World War (including Albert BARTON) and 5 from the Second World War.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    Hello Myriam,

Do you mean you would like to research the soldiers who are buried in Annezin Communal Cemetery?

There are 17 burials, 12 from the First World War (including Albert BARTON) and 5 from the Second World War.

Peter
    Hi!
    Yes exactly. First with my students we want to make a showing for the 11 november 2018. We want to honor the soldiers of commonwelth, buried far from their home.

It's a wonderful project.

Firstly, you have to be prepared for some disappointment. Many WW1 soldiers' service records were destroyed by bombing in WW2, so the military results may be limited. However, personal and family information should be available for most of the soldiers.

Would you like us to provide you with links and sources, so that you and your students can do your own research?

If not, there might be some Brit-Gen members who would like to undertake research for individual soldiers and to send you the results.

Note for Mods – do you approve?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    It's a wonderful project.

Firstly, you have to be prepared for some disappointment. Many WW1 soldiers' service records were destroyed by bombing in WW2, so the military results may be limited. However, personal and family information should be available for most of the soldiers.

Would you like us to provide you with links and sources, so that you and your students can do your own research?

If not, there might be some Brit-Gen members who would like to undertake research for individual soldiers and to send you the results.

Note for Mods – do you approve?

Peter
    That would be wonderful. On Internet wa have just find something about 2 soldiers. With you, may be we could succeed...
    Thank you
    Myriam

I have asked one of the forum's moderators to help with your request.

Hopefully, we will contact you again soon.

Peter

Hello
    Myriam I have separated your post and replies from this thread https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...ls-in-Ormskirk to give it more prominence in the hope that some of us may be able to help with research for you and your students.
    The new title is Researching soldiers Annezin Cemetery WW1.
    Thank you for suggesting it Peter.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

For those, hopefully, wishing to help here is the list of 17 soldiers from WW1. Maybe pick a couple of names, post which ones you have chosen and let us know so we don't duplicate research and waste our time.

ACKRILL THOMAS [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Labour Corps 205th Area Employment Coy. Date of Death: 25/07/1917 Service No: 222101 (6)

BARTON ALBERT [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private The King's (Liverpool Regiment) 1st/7th Bn. Age: 27 Date of Death: 15/11/1915 Service No: 2574 (10)

BOVINGTON J E [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private The Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment) 2nd Bn. Date of Death: 06/11/1915 Service No: 830 (8)

HENDRY D J [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Gordon Highlanders 2nd Bn. Date of Death: 05/10/1915 Service No: S/9726 (7)

HOBBY W C [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Serjeant Royal Engineers 3rd (London) Field Coy. Date of Death: 26/05/1915 Service No: 303 (5)

HUDSON CHARLES EDWARD -WW11
    United Kingdom Private Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders 6th Bn. Age: 21 Date of Death: 29/05/1940 Service No: 4274700 (2A)

JONES THOMAS HENRY -WW11
    United Kingdom Fusilier Royal Irish Fusiliers 1st Bn. Age: 21 Date of Death: 24/05/1940 Service No: 3774302 (4A)

KEY ROBERT - WW11
    United Kingdom Bombardier Royal Artillery 71 Anti-Tank Regt. Age: 30 Date of Death: 05/09/1944 Service No: 4269371 (6A)

KNOTTS J [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) 1st Bn. Age: 46 Date of Death: 18/11/1915 Service No: 15367 (12)

LAW G F [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private London Regiment 22nd Bn. Age: 20 Date of Death: 25/05/1915 Service No: 2483 (1)

LEONARD PATRICK - WW11
    United Kingdom Lance Corporal Royal Irish Fusiliers 1st Bn. Date of Death: 24/05/1940 Service No: 6977063 (3A)

NEVILL CHARLES PETER [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Royal Army Medical Corps 22nd Field Amb. Date of Death: 15/11/1915 Service No: 49010 (9)

ROBINSON ROBERT - WW11
    United Kingdom Fusilier Royal Irish Fusiliers 1st Bn. Age: 30 Date of Death: 24/05/1940 Service No: 7043767 (1A)

SHIVAS A [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Gordon Highlanders 1st/6th Bn. Age: 21 Date of Death: 04/10/1915 Service No: 11321 (2)

STEVENSON PAUL WILLIAM JOHN [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Second Lieutenant London Regiment "C" Coy. 23rd Bn. Age: 20 Date of Death: 25/05/1915 (3)

VINEY FRANK ARTHUR Reserved - Peter
    United Kingdom Private London Regiment 23rd Bn. Age: 19 Date of Death: 25/05/1915 Service No: 2886 (4)

WOOD J [COMPLETED]
    United Kingdom Private Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) 1st Bn. Date of Death: 19/11/1915 Service No: 7680 (11)
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast