Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Why not consider ordering the .pdf for John Warner, if the dob ties in then with the baptism you have a lead. Maybe the mother if the child is illeg named the father.

Check www.genuki.org.uk for info about St George,& Botolph Lane also St Leonard Shoreditch.
    Per google maps these churches are 1.4 miles apart on the A10!
    I've ordered the cert. See if that has any useful info.
    Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney-Sparra View Post
    I've ordered the cert. See if that has any useful info.
    Thanks again...
    Please do let us know the outcome.
    Alma

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Please do let us know the outcome.
    Just received the cert and it confirms William Brown wasn't John's father.

John Warner born 24th September 1837 ( 14, Foy's Buildings) - Mother: Susannah Warner / Father: (blank).

It doesn't fit with the 1844 baptism, though....the birth was noted as 10th June 1837.

Could that've been an error on the baptism? All the other details fitted..

Cockney-Sparra

Just received the cert and it confirms William Brown wasn't John's father.

John Warner born 24th September 1837 ( 14, Foy's Buildings) - Mother: Susannah Warner / Father: (blank).

It doesn't fit with the 1844 baptism, though....the birth was noted as 10th June 1837.

Could that've been an error on the baptism? All the other details fitted..

Is there any way to find out who was living at 14, Foy's Buildings, St George the Martyr, Southwark ( Might be Fox's, its hard to decipher) in Sept 1837.

I'm thinking Susan may have been living with her parents and I could finally get a clue about them :-)

Is there any way to find out who was living at 14, Foy's Buildings, St George the Martyr, Southwark ( Might be Fox's, its hard to decipher) in Sept 1837.

I'm thinking Susan may have been living with her parents and I could finally get a clue about them :-)
    I think it will be Fox's Buildings, however that address is not numbered in the 1841 census. This is the census reference for 1841.

Piece 1085; folio 34; book 3.
    Alma

I'm posting details of the following marriage as it may relate to your search.

Christ Church Southwark, 29th June 1845.
    William Hall, full age, bachelor, labourer, 10, Park St, father William a labourer.
    Rebecca Crosier, full age, widow, 10, Park St, father James Warner a labourer
    A witness was Susanna Warner
    Alma

Name well known on Brit-Gen

How inconsiderate of mother and baby to arrive before births needed to be registered from 1 July 1837!

All I can now offer is that you look at workhousee records to see if either were admitted before Mr Brown came on the scene...and try to establish where Foy/Fox Building was.

I have looked on FMP & familysearch for the records.

Bristol, have a look at this site for insoiration https://
    www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Bristol

Cockney-Sparra

William Hall, full age, bachelor, labourer, 10, Park St, father William a labourer.
    ahhhhhh haaaaaaa so, Rebecca may be my Susanna's sister and James, her father?
    I'll get me sleuthing head on and have a search.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help, much appreciated

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    How inconsiderate of mother and baby to arrive before births needed to be registered from 1 July 1837!

All I can now offer is that you look at workhousee records to see if either were admitted before Mr Brown came on the scene...and try to establish where Foy/Fox Building was.

I have looked on FMP & familysearch for the records.

Bristol, have a look at this site for insoiration https://
    www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Bristol
    My lot are so frustrating.
    I get quite a lot of info come through about siblings etc but my direct line (on both sides) seemed a bit shy when it came to registering and given details etc lol.

Thanks again..

Cockney-Sparra

Just found a couple of marriages for Rebecca -

I can't find a marriage to a "Crosier" but I found -

Rebecca Warner Married William Hall jnr on 20th Nov 1842 at St Mary, Lambeth

Fathers - James Warner, Labourer
    William Hall, "
    Witnesses: ?? Gawter or Garter
    Edward Powell

Did she marry William Hall twice, 3 yrs apart or did she marry father and then son? I'm kerfuffled :-/

Rebecca Hall (Widow) married - James Larvell Day on 26 March 1849, St Mary, Lambeth

Witnesses: ?? Gawter/Garter
    Edward Powell

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast