Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

In response to #40

I found the 1842 marriage as well as the 1845 as Rebecca Crosier, I started to explore and came to the conclusion NOT your Susan Warner family.

On ancestry when searching the marriages you can enter the father's forename and surname only, this will give you all the family results

With regards to the witnesses these will most likely be church officials and not related to the family...Gawler & Powell appear on a lot of the marriage entry

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I'm posting details of the following marriage as it may relate to your search.

Christ Church Southwark, 29th June 1845.
    William Hall, full age, bachelor, labourer, 10, Park St, father William a labourer.
    Rebecca Crosier, full age, widow, 10, Park St, father James Warner a labourer
    A witness was Susanna Warner

Found a marriage between - John Crozier and Rebecker Warner...4th Nov 1826 at Takeley, Essex.
    There's also a death for John 1833 but there are many John Croziers...

There are 2 births for this couple - John 1829 and William (no date)

Starting to bang my head on the keyboard now haha

P.S.

These are the file numbers etc for the marriage - if anyone can actually see the record.
    I don't know how to do all that ..

FHL Film Number:

Reference ID:
    item 5

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney-Sparra View Post
    Found a marriage between - John Crozier and Rebecker Warner...4th Nov 1826 at Takeley, Essex.
    There's also a death for John 1833 but there are many John Croziers...

There are 2 births for this couple - John 1829 and William (no date)

Starting to bang my head on the keyboard now haha

P.S.

These are the file numbers etc for the marriage - if anyone can actually see the record.
    I don't know how to do all that ..

FHL Film Number:

Reference ID:
    item 5
    Once upon a time you used to be able to go to a local LDS Family History Centre and order in the film from which a record had been transcribed (as well as films containing non-transcribed items). Which is why you have the FHL film number as part of the record.
    A lot of the films have more than one 'set' of events on them, so to help identify the different sets/events, each one is given a different Item number. Logically, the first set on the film is item 1, second set item 2, etc. Sometimes all the items can refer to registers from the same parish but different events and time periods, e.g. baptists 1837-1884, burials 1813-1900, or they can be from several different parishes.

When you click 'search' on the FamilySearch website, you get another little banner in which the fourth option along is Catalog.
    Click that.
    Then select film/fiche number, and type 1702601.
    Look at item 5.
    That tells you exactly which records were filmed.

In theory BTs should be exact copies of PRs. In reality, they often differ, so if you can check both, then do so.

As I said way back in this post, you used to be able to order in films, but that service has now been discontinued. There were literally thousands of films held by the London LDS FHC and they have now been transferred to the Society of Genealogists who are not far from the Barbican. I know that somewhere there is a way to find out which films they hold, but I can't immediately find it as I'm not on my laptop.

People I know who definitely hold Takeley BTs and hopefully the PRs are Essex Record Office. Small fee to access the records online but possibly cheaper than the train fare and certainly more time-efficient. ☺ And it's valid for a time-length, not a limited number of records.
    If you google 'Essex record office', the first result should be the RO itself, the second 'Seax- search Seax Essex County Council', and the third 'Parish registers Seax', which will take you directly to where you want to be.

If anything above is not clearer than mud, please yell.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Once upon a time you used to be able to go to a local LDS Family History Centre and order in the film from which a record had been transcribed (as well as films containing non-transcribed items). Which is why you have the FHL film number as part of the record.
    A lot of the films have more than one 'set' of events on them, so to help identify the different sets/events, each one is given a different Item number. Logically, the first set on the film is item 1, second set item 2, etc. Sometimes all the items can refer to registers from the same parish but different events and time periods, e.g. baptists 1837-1884, burials 1813-1900, or they can be from several different parishes.

When you click 'search' on the FamilySearch website, you get another little banner in which the fourth option along is Catalog.
    Click that.
    Then select film/fiche number, and type 1702601.
    Look at item 5.
    That tells you exactly which records were filmed.

In theory BTs should be exact copies of PRs. In reality, they often differ, so if you can check both, then do so.

As I said way back in this post, you used to be able to order in films, but that service has now been discontinued. There were literally thousands of films held by the London LDS FHC and they have now been transferred to the Society of Genealogists who are not far from the Barbican. I know that somewhere there is a way to find out which films they hold, but I can't immediately find it as I'm not on my laptop.

People I know who definitely hold Takeley BTs and hopefully the PRs are Essex Record Office. Small fee to access the records online but possibly cheaper than the train fare and certainly more time-efficient. ☺ And it's valid for a time-length, not a limited number of records.
    If you google 'Essex record office', the first result should be the RO itself, the second 'Seax- search Seax Essex County Council', and the third 'Parish registers Seax', which will take you directly to where you want to be.

If anything above is not clearer than mud, please yell.

Pam
    Wowwwww thank you so much for taking the time to help me with that.

Just found the record (thanks to your direction) and it does appear to be the Rebecca Warner who married William Hall (twice) and James Darvell Day - Well, the fathers details are the same (James Warner)

Witnesses were - James Warner and Elizabeth Judd.

Still none the wiser as to them being my ancestors though haha..

Thanks again, much appreciated :-)

Cockney-Sparra

William Hall, full age, bachelor, labourer, 10, Park St, father William a labourer.
    Just found another marriage for this Rebecca...(beginning to think she was bumping them off ...the 'Black Widow lol)

Marriage #5

Rebecca Day
    [Rebecca Warner]
    Record Type: Marriage
    Marriage Date: 13 Jul 1864
    Marriage Place: St George the Martyr, Southwark, England
    Father: James Warner
    Spouse: William John Dormer
    Register Type: Parish Register

Witnesses : John Mason and Louisa Spires

Cockney-Sparra

Found a baptism for Susannah Warner b. 28 Nov 1814 - baptised 9th Jan 1842 at St George the Martyr, Southwark.
    Parents: James and Mary.

There is a baptism on same day for Susannah Warner b. 1839 dau of Susannah Warner.

My Susan did have a daughter Susannah b. 1839 but the birth certificate has William Brown as the father.

Her son John was baptised Warner but William is named as father on his baptism.

Am I drifting off course or is this a possible?

My head's starting to spin and I'm going cross eyed at seeing the name Warner haha

I need more time to consider the latest posts you've made
    Alma

Cockney-Sparra

I need more time to consider the latest posts you've made

That's fine, Alma....
    I understand . It is a bit of a headache with all these little tasters then the trail goes cold :-/

I appreciate your time and effort, thank you..

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Susan, My father was conceived in Bristol in 1907 & born in Sydney Australia. He said his grandfather's grandfather was one of 26 Warner sons. 2 mothers each passed in childbirth at 13 each. My uncle went to track family records but found most were destroyed during WW2 bombing of Bristol. My grandfather was William Richard W. & worked as a lithographic printer with AE Robinson Ltd, now the hot air balloon factory. Grandmother Ada Russell taught elocution & pianoforte! I'm waiting for GGF's mariage cert to find more info.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello & Welcome

As a contributor to this thread I look forward to following the future finds

geneius

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345