HO107; Piece: 1533; Folio: 261; Page: 9
    William Brown 44 Dock Lab'r Spitalfields
    Susan Brown 34 Laundress Bristol
    John W Brown 13 Errand Boy Southwark NB he was deaf
    Elizabeth Brown 7 Spitalfields
    William Brown 5 Shoreditch
    Rosina Brown 1 Shoreditch
    Alfred T Brown 2 Mo Shoreditch

Banns are usually read ion 3 consecutive Sundays in the 3 months preceding the proposed date of marriage.

There is an entry for Henry Brown widower & Susannah Warner spinster botp St John, Hackney Looking at the recordings marks in the left hand column. The marriage register needs checking for the marriage.

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Hi
    Could this be William and Susan

There is a newpaper artical its in two papers so far about the death inquest for William Brown late a shoemaker date
    8/2/1879, Reading papers Berkshire papers could be more, he apparently fell from his cart and died
    Susan Brown said i am the wife of William Brown, i was sent for Wednesday morning last and remained with him till he died.
    His daughter with whom he lived is very unwell, she said his health was failing and he was 70 years old and a laborer he had a
    comfortable home
    Don't want to put all it says in case she isn't your Susan

PEANUT
    Hi Peanut,
    That's interesting but I'm not sure of the area - Reading, Berkshire? My William and Susan are in the eastend of London from at least 1836. I still have them there in 1871

Cockney-Sparra

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    I am assuming this is your family in 1851
    HO107; Piece: 1533; Folio: 261; Page: 9
    William Brown 44 Dock Lab'r Spitalfields
    Susan Brown 34 Laundress Bristol
    John W Brown 13 Errand Boy Southwark NB he was deaf
    Elizabeth Brown 7 Spitalfields
    William Brown 5 Shoreditch
    Rosina Brown 1 Shoreditch
    Alfred T Brown 2 Mo Shoreditch

Banns are usually read ion 3 consecutive Sundays in the 3 months preceding the proposed date of marriage.

There is an entry for Henry Brown widower & Susannah Warner spinster botp St John, Hackney Looking at the recordings marks in the left hand column. The marriage register needs checking for the marriage.
    That is indeed my family...I never spotted that John was deaf, thanks for that...In later census records it doesn't state that he is deaf, though..

Cockney-Sparra

I think I might be clutching at straws but I've just noticed that, on the baptism of William and Susan's son - Alfred Thomas Brown 1851, Shoreditch...There is the baptism of a George Warner who's parents were James William Warner and Catherine. The address is 17 Worship Street, Shoreditch....Susan and William were living at Worship Street when my Gt Grandfather - Edward Brown was born in 1853 (the address given on his birth cert)...I've yet to find a link between Susan and the James William Warner but it would be great if they were siblings etc - I found his marriage to Catherine Gyvve -( Shoreditch 1846) and it names his father as James William Warner...Is it a plausible lead or am I showing desperation haha?

Any input welcome...

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Is it a plausible lead or am I showing desperation haha?
    NO! In the days gone by when we used readers, I was advised to look at all entry on a page and on the page either side for family names...this years later paid off, the most important thing is to make a note of the record you have seem it in and any reference attached to the entry..... same applies to witnesses on marriages, look to see if there is a common name invariably they were vergers ocassionally family members

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I found his marriage to Catherine Gyvve -( Shoreditch 1846) and it names his father as James William Warner..
    Did you note the following marriage was for a Caroline Warner ( minor) father James William a shoemaker! This was to George Warner who was a witness at James William's marriage

Maybe a distant relative

1841 census
    HO107; Piece: 706; Book: 10; Civil Parish: St Leonard Shoreditch; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 44; Page: 26; Line: 22;
    James Warner 40
    Elizabeth Warner 40
    James Warner 15
    Caroline Warner 13

Their first child (John Warner Brown) was born in 1836 in Southwark, London. So, that gives a bench mark for a marriage but I can't find it .
    Have you found a baptism for John Warner Brown? I haven't, and did wonder if possibly his parents weren't married when he was born, and Brown was added later.

WARNER, JOHN - (no MMN)
    GRO Reference: 1837 S Quarter in OF SAINT GEORGE THE MARTYR SOUTHWARK Volume 04 Page 96
    Alma

1851, 40, Worship St, Shoreditch. HO107; Piece: 1533; Folio: 389; Page: 43
    James Warner 65
    Elizabeth Warner 40, wife
    Caroline Warner 12, dau
    Fanny Warner 5, step dau
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney-Sparra View Post
    I think I might be clutching at straws but I've just noticed that, on the baptism of William and Susan's son - Alfred Thomas Brown 1851, Shoreditch...There is the baptism of a George Warner who's parents were James William Warner and Catherine. The address is 17 Worship Street, Shoreditch....Susan and William were living at Worship Street when my Gt Grandfather - Edward Brown was born in 1853 (the address given on his birth cert)...I've yet to find a link between Susan and the James William Warner but it would be great if they were siblings etc - I found his marriage to Catherine Gyvve -( Shoreditch 1846) and it names his father as James William Warner...Is it a plausible lead or am I showing desperation haha?

Any input welcome...
    James William Brown and Catherine also had a daughter Elizabeth born 7th Feb 1847, baptised 8th Mar 1847 at St Leonard, Shoreditch, their address was Gloucester Place, Hackney Rd. I cannot find birth registrations for the two children!

1851, 17, Worship St. HO107; Piece: 1534; Folio: 535; Page: 21
    James Warner 25
    Catherine Warner 24
    Elizabeth Warner 5
    George Warner 3 Mo
    Alma

Other children baptised to James William and Catherine Warner at St James Shoreditch
    James born Dec 17th 1852, bap. Mar 13th 1853 (30, Long Alley)
    Catherine born Mar 4th 1857, bap. May 1st 1859 (17 Worship St)
    Caroline born Apr 14th 1859, bap. May 1st 1859 (17 Worship St)

The only child I can find a birth registration for is - WARNER, CAROLINE GYVES
    GRO Reference: 1859 J Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 114
    Alma

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast