Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Winifred's birth in the GRO index as Winifred Grace Saunders Last - no mother's maiden name. volume 4a, page 1078.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Rogers View Post
    Until I found a newspaper entry in the Rugby Times 1947 saying Rose Anderson formerly Westley had gone to Birmingham divorce court and was granted a decree of dissolution of the marriage to Alfred Frederick Anderson and that he was presumed dead. She married a John Davies in 1948 in Northampton. She had two boys with Alfred in 1915 + 1917and another with John Davies in 1928 in Doncaster.
    Denis Frederick Anderson born Rugby 1915 died Bedford 1999

Ronald William Anderson born Rugby 1917 died Doncaster 1973. Ronald is on the 1939 register in Doncaster with John Davies + others - I don't have access to the image.

Frederick born 1930 48a Lower Road Rotherithe, mother Mabel Kathleen Last a domestic Servant of 77 Hawkstone Road Rotherithe.
    What is Frederick's exact date of birth?
    Alma

Oh my you've all been very busy thank you !

I have to go out but I will go through this all later.

Frederick John Last was born 10th April 1930 he was evacuated to Wales during the war. His death record in Great Yarmouth is Frederick John Anderson and shows this DOB.

I'm certainly going to have another look at Mabel and Winifred now. Just can't understand why Mabel changed her name ?

1939 register - closed records not sure why some records are closed but could it be that when it was released those people were still alive ? Don't think kids were on the 1939 register.

Try my Rogers & Bentley tree on Ancestry and then go to my profile and see other trees, maybe you can find the Anderson tree that way.

I'm really curious now but I'm in the middle of emptying my mum's house out as I've sold it. So will get back to you all properly tonight.

Thank you all for looking and helping.

Nadia

1939 register - closed records not sure why some records are closed but could it be that when it was released those people were still alive ? Don't think kids were on the 1939 register.
    Every civilian was included in the 1939 register, the register was used -among other things- for issuing national identity cards and rationing.

This informative link explains the register, what it was used for and until when it was updated.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...1939-register/
    Alma

Frederick John Last was born 10th April 1930 he was evacuated to Wales during the war. His death record in Great Yarmouth is Frederick John Anderson and shows this DOB.
    Searching the 1939 register entering only Frederick, no surname, and the birth date 10/04/1930 brings up a Frederick Anderson. I cannot give you more information owing to FMP's T&C's.
    Alma

Default Frederick

Oh right ok , wasn't sure about that with the 1939 register.

Just spoken to my friend. She didn't know her dad was in Luton or that he went to school there in 1939. She thinks this must have been just before he was evacuated to Wales during the war.

So anyway I'm home now so I will get on with the 'Last' family from Ipswich. Stupidly I clearly dismissed this too early on even though I had said to my friend Mabel could have come from anywhere in the country or out of the country and down into London to work.

Just do not understand how and why Mabel goes from Mabel Kathleen Last to a middle name of Felicia or where Golisberg comes into it ? I suppose if I delve into the family I may find out !

Thanks again everyone.

Nadia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12