Thread: My Ancestry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink My Ancestry

Hello
    I have been researching my own family for ten years now. I have a rather extended tree which includes both my Bentley side and my husband's Rogers side.

I've done all sorts of other things including Ancestry workshops and helped out on several occasions at Earls Court with Ancestry.

I've also helped out with the Battle of Fromelles Tree on ancestry - locating living family members of soldiers KIA on 19th July 1916.

I've done a few trees for friends too.

I found a family for a friend that was in the Coldstream guards. That was happy and sad.

I recently located the birth mother of another friend who had been adopted. Mediated between them for a short while until they eventually talked to each other. They have now met and I am so pleased it worked out for them.

I'm currently trying to find the grandparents of another friend - this has been seriously hard work !

I also just moved into a house that is over 200 years old and have so far managed to locate everyone who has lived in it back to 1881
    all bar a 17 year gap between 1981 & 1998 and the years before 1881 where they become a bit sketchy on the census.

I was born in Walthamstow in 1964, lived most of my life in Harlow, Essex and finally got away from there and now live in Wisbech.

I'll be happy to help anyone and I'll probably be asking for help myself if you don't mind.

Nadia

I forgot to say myself, my husband and his sister have all recently done an Ancestry DNA test.

Hello Nadia and welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    Wow you do keep yourself busy with your genealogy research. You are definitely an addict

Helping others and getting help ourselves is what Grit-gen is all about so you are definitely in the right place.
    I haven't yet taken the plunge and done a DNA test, because haven't found the need to yet and also I haven't got my head around the subject yet. We have started a DNA forum where members can discuss the subject so you may want to take a look and maybe post on there.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hello Nadia, judging by your experience it sounds like you'll be an asset to the forum.

If you'd like some help with trying to trace the grandparents of your friend please ask; sometimes, I find we become bogged down with a particular search and a new researcher may see something we've overlooked, certainly members here will be willing to try.

Enjoy your time with us, and good luck
    Alma

Default Grandparents

Sorry deleted this and pasted it onto brick wall thread
    Last edited by Nadia Rogers; 12-02-2018 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Wrong place