Default John Tubby of the 12 foot

Hello
    I would like to know about John Tubby from Norfolk. Born sometime between 1738-41 near Norwich. Served with the 12 Foot. Ref on another site to a pension examination 1762.
    He marries in 1763 a Phillis Doyle. Sorry dont know how to search for his record. Keen to learn more about him and where he served.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    I think you may have come to us from Forces War Records so reading this will tell you a little about us.
    The transcript of the record you found is on ancestry but the original image is only available on their Fold3 site which they have decided needs us to sign up for a separate subscription. At the moment however they are offering a free trial so if you do decide to take them up on this offer just be sure to cancel a few days before it ends otherwise you will be charged.
    Military records in this period are not really all that informative. When you say you are keen to learn more about him is it just his time in the services that you mean or are you looking for more family oriented info?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Very many thanks for coming back to me. Interested in where he may have served and his family generally. Thanks for the tip will go back and have a look.

Reputation beyond repute

It would be wise to become acquainted with this National Archives Research Guide and the related guides.