Thread: NAAFI

Starting to feel at home

Default NAAFI

Hello,
    An Aunt worked for the NAAFI in WW2 and we have always been told she was the first woman to land at Anzio I wonder if there is anywhere I can get more info. I have asked this before but it's a long time since I last came on here and have lost my threads.
    Thanks

NAAFI were civilians but when NAAFI sent personnel overseas in war time in support of men on active service they went in uniform, and in the case of the Army they were attached to RASC and have Army serial numbers
    Women who were sent overseas with NAAFI during WW2 would be in the uniform of the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) and designated as ATS/EFI (Expeditionary Forces institute)
    Here are some peoples' memories of their war time years in the ATS
    You could try contacting the NAAFI - https://www.naafi.co.uk/

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

To look for all the previous posts started by you just click on your user name and from the drop down menu click on View Forum Posts.

Here is an informative post about the NAAFI on Forces War Records

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome back. Your original thread is HERE. I have now closed it as we don't allow more than one active thread per query.

You should be able to see your previous posts by clicking on your own name top left on your query above and then on "view posts".

Since they were attached to RASC, with service numbers, it might be worth checking whether this also generated some sort of service record.

{Chris obviously types faster than I do!}