Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Art
    It would be good to meet up. I think I have your private e mail from 3 years ago.

For you and our other cousins- the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain Library has 2 Simmonds family trees/documents; 6 Simmons; 11 Simon; 8 Simons. These tree were submitted by family researchers like us.
    The library is open on specific days a month.
    I have never been to the JGSGB nor did I look for any Simmonds/Simmons family trees when I visited the Society of Genealogists to look at the Anglo Jewish collections. On one of my visits I came across our Jacobs family tree which is how the Jacobs research began some years ago.

I do not know what the Simmonds/Simmons documents at the JGSGB hold or if they are relevant but it would prove very useful to find out.

If you, Lucrecia, Jean Marc, Paul et al look at the JGSGB Library Data base under family trees you will see some 3000 surnames in alphabetical order including Simmonds; Jacobs and others.

I need to visit the library and if you are in London perhaps we could do this depending on the specific dates and times the library is open- see the opening times on the JGSGB library website.

Let me know what you think.

Phillip

For my Simmonds/Jacobs distant cousins
    The Jewish Chronicle Archives 1841 to the present are an important resource for filling in both small and larger data on Jewish ancestors. There are a range of references to Simmonds and Jacobs et al in the archives including MB Simmonds; J L Simmonds among many others. These archives give us precise dates for the various individuals including in some cases addresses, education details, birth, marriage and deaths not available in other records.
    There is a subscription for the JC Archive.

Please take a close look at the data base which is snippets only and has altered text to prevent downloads.

Phillip

Art
    With regard to the Edwards in #10 the data on Edward Edwards on Google Books is in Spanish and the English option does not allow the book snippet to be translated. There is a reference to an E Edwards Hamburg Consul to Curacao 1854 and a reference to Edward Edwards Germany 1840y-1845 St Thomas.
    As you know Simon Hauer's diary records Died E J Edwards and Bramson Feb 27 142 St Thomas his friends.
    The Netherlands Archives show Rebecca Neufeld married to Ephraim Jacob Edwards and their son Hirsch Ephraim Edwards born Pyrmont. This record further links to the marriage of Hirsch Ephraim Edwards Pyrmont ( Hanover) age 36 married 5.9.1849 Curacao to Esther SENIOR age 19 Curacao-her parents Abraham Haim Senior and Abigail Cohen HENRIQUEZ.

The daughter of Hirsch Ephraim Edwards and Esther Senior had a daughter Rebecca Edwards b 26.7.1851 Willemstad

Family trees have: Abraham Haim de David Senior 1798-1854 Netherlands Antilles Curacao- Abigail Selemoh Cohen Henriquez 1793-1850 Curacao.

Hamburg Passenger Lists show- E Edwards 58 b abt 1813 occupation Kaufmann Residence Hamburg Departed 23 Sept 1871 Hamburg to Curacao with wife Estella 42 born 1829.

My question is who was the E Edwards who died in 1842 recorded as a friend of Simon Hauer?

At present, I can see no evidence to identify the Edwards as born in the UK although the surname would suggest otherwise.

I noted Simon Hauer Supplement to the London Gazette Feb 25,1880-International Bank of London Limited- Admiralitstrasse 78 Hamburg Merchant.

I am researching further.

Phillip

See JewishGen Online World Wide Burials
    E J EDWARDS died 27 Feb 1842 age 24 from Pyrmont Buried St Thomas Virgin Islands.
    The dob based on an age of 24 years is circa 1818. His birth place suggests he is one of the Edwards from Bad Pyrmont Hanover.

See Wikipedia....Bad Pyrmont Hanover Germany
    " Prince Friedrich of Waldeck -Pyrmont encouraged wealthy Jews to take up residence and by 1819 there was a community of 18 families. The community maintained a synagogue and religious school".

Phillip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12