Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Thanks Peter

I’m looking at the Geneanet site now. That is very useful as I hadn’t looked there. It is encouraging to see a number of results for a ‘Georgette Guerville’. I’m not having any luck finding one with a father called ‘Georges’ though (as per the marriage cert forbfather details).

Don’t forget that a lot of records in mainland Europe were destroyed during the War. Your record may not exist anymore.

Starting to feel at home

Yeah. I’m not making much progress. Lol, But very appreciative for your interest and comments.

I have signed up to Geneanet. I found this record as a possible match for her father...under ‘Huet de Guerville’... but no mention of a daughter called Georgette...

Genealogy Society Indexes - Obituary
    Référence : 184231
    Date : 1936
    Type de faire part : D
    Prénom époux : Georges
    Nom époux : HUET de GUERVILLE
    Nom épouse : du FAYOT de la MAISONNEUVE
    Département / pays : Aisne, France

Starting to feel at home

There is also this burial record:
    NameGeorges GuervilleBirth Date1865Death Date1902CemeteryBatignolles CemeteryBurial or Cremation PlaceParis, City of Paris, Île-de-France, FranceHas Bio?NURLhttps://www.findagrave.com/memorial/185935285
    However, the marriage cert seems to indicate her father was alive in 1918 whereas this guy dies in 1902.

I was wondering if the witnesses at the wedding offer any more clues. I’m thinking the witness ‘John C Spratt’ is most likely Joseph’s brother, John, who appears in the census records as his brother.

Not sure who the other witness ‘Charlotte Croft’ would be?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123