Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default JACOB RIMINI-SAMUEL DUQUE

Paul
    I have taken the liberty of posting a new thread on your request for data on Jacob Rimini and Samuel Duque Dutch Jews lines as per your original thread Looking for family name Gosschalk and Beek.

I am basing the data on Ancestry.Com Public family trees and wherever possible cross referencing the data to original records.

The following record is for the Marriage of Samuel Rimini to Mietje Bleekroode 24.4.1861 Amsterdam. A copy of the original marriage record can be seen on the Netherlands Civil Marriage Index 1795-1950. The record is in Dutch and I will post Dutch writing.
    I am very busy all next week hence my posting as much data as I can to help you.

Marriage- Samuel Rimini diamantsnijder 35 Amsterdam- father Joseph Rimini and mother Lea Duque
    Bride-Mietje Bleekroode dienstbaar Groningen 34
    Father Simon Samuel Bleekroode; mother Hindrikje Hartog van Geuns

I will post a range of data and although this record is out of context in terms of an earlier time frame it provides an initial start.

Phillip

The following data is based on 1 Ancestry.Com public family tree and is just an initial start until verification of data develops. There are other trees and cross referencing their data may help produce an accurate record of the lines.
    The data is based on Joseph Jacob Rimini 1774/78 London death pre 1861 married to Lea Samuel Duque 1789-1866- these dates require confirming.
    The tree has the children of Joseph/Lea as: Esther b 1814; Rachel 1817-1886;Judith 1819-1873;Sara 1820-;Samuel 1826-1889.
    There are very brief transcribed records for some of the above but I can't see original documents except for some marriages:
    Marriage 18.05.1842 Amsterdam
    Ester Rimini 28 Amsterdam father Joseph Riminini plumeaumaker; mother Lea Duque

Groom Abraham Hartog ROOT diamanstlijper Amsterdam 28 -father Hartog Moses Root sloper; Mother Marianne Abraham FRIJDA

Marriage-27.11.1844 Amsterdam
    Judith Rimini Amsterdam 25 father Joseph Rimini pluimenmaker; mother Lea van Samuel DUIJNE

Groom- Aron Benjamin DRAAIJER -Schijvenschuurder-father Benedictus Benjamin DRAAIJER;mother Betje Salomon SCHIJVENSCHUURDER

I will post further.
    Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    The following data is based on 1 Ancestry.Com public family tree and is just an initial start until verification of data develops. There are other trees and cross referencing their data may help produce an accurate record of the lines.
    The data is based on Joseph Jacob Rimini 1774/78 London death pre 1861 married to Lea Samuel Duque 1789-1866- these dates require confirming.
    The tree has the children of Joseph/Lea as: Esther b 1814; Rachel 1817-1886;Judith 1819-1873;Sara 1820-;Samuel 1826-1889.
    There are very brief transcribed records for some of the above but I can't see original documents except for some marriages:
    Marriage 18.05.1842 Amsterdam
    Ester Rimini 28 Amsterdam father Joseph Riminini plumeaumaker; mother Lea Duque

Groom Abraham Hartog ROOT diamanstlijper Amsterdam 28 -father Hartog Moses Root sloper; Mother Marianne Abraham FRIJDA

Marriage-27.11.1844 Amsterdam
    Judith Rimini Amsterdam 25 father Joseph Rimini pluimenmaker; mother Lea van Samuel DUIJNE

Groom- Aron Benjamin DRAAIJER -Schijvenschuurder-father Benedictus Benjamin DRAAIJER;mother Betje Salomon SCHIJVENSCHUURDER

I will post further.
    Phillip
    Dear Philip

Thanks very much for all your efforts to help me out,am especially interested in all data concerning the UK patt of my ancestry which is not easy for me to find and verify.
    best regards,
    Paul

Default RIMINI AND DUQUE

Paul
    Just in case you missed these records- JewishGen UK Data base
    Sarah Duque 1747 Burial father Abraham -Novo (New) Cemetery Bevis Marks; Duque son 1740 father Abraham -Novo (New) Cemetery Bevis Marks

Esmeralda Rimini 1889 (Novo) New Cemetery Bevis Marks

There is a Andre REMENYI Leeds 13 August 1917-10 Oct 2004 age 87 see online Tombstone English and Hebrew inscriptions

Phillip

Thanks once again Philip,have a nce evening
    best regards,
    Paul

Paul
    The records for Rimini and Duque in the UK Census don't start until the late 1800s which might suggest that your lines had left the UK much earlier. There are no Rimini and Duque in The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 and 1871-80 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 1999;2004 Publisher Robert Boyd.
    There is a record for a Bankruptcy claim made on behalf of Joseph del Duque awarded 11 Feb 1773 but failed by 1789- The London Gazette 8 Dec 1789.

Synagogue Scribes and Cemetery scribes have no records of Rimini and Duque beyond:
    HAMBURHL 1208 -Elia RIMINI 53 Guilfdord Street Russell Square 1 Feb 1871

There is a much earlier Will Extract Record for Samuel Anselmo LEONEof Florence 8 Oct 1806 in which his sister Abigail is the wife of David Vita son of Salvador Rimini ( deceased)- I do not know if this line has any relevance to your own.

There is an Isaac Duque in the 1911 Census ( Copyright TNA) RG14 23696
    10 Lonsdale Road Fallowfield Manchester Lancashire
    Isaac Duque Boarder 26 single Jewish Minister b Holland Amsterdam

There are Poor Law and Settlement records for the family of Abraham Rimini 30; wife Mary Ann 28; children Anni 3 and Mary 1 Whitechapel 2 June 1910-Shoreditch Workhouse with the note in red ink abandoned 16 Dec 1910.
    Similarly two boys John Rimini b abt 1874 age 13 Homerton Workhouse Admission 1 June 1887 and discharged 17 June 1887 -in charge of Police; Alexander Rimini b abt 1873 age 12 Homerton Workhouse found wandering 14 July 1885 and in workhouse earlier in 1884

Whether or not these Rimini relate to your lines requires confirmation.

I am happy to post on UK census records for Rimini and Duque and if so, please let me know.

Are the Rimini and Duque Sephardi Jews as per the Bevis Marks records but with later marriages to Dutch Ashkenazi lines?

Phillip

Thumbs up

Paul
    The records for Rimini and Duque in the UK Census don't start until the late 1800s which might suggest that your lines had left the UK much earlier. There are no Rimini and Duque in The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 and 1871-80 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 1999;2004 Publisher Robert Boyd.
    There is a record for a Bankruptcy claim made on behalf of Joseph del Duque awarded 11 Feb 1773 but failed by 1789- The London Gazette 8 Dec 1789.

Synagogue Scribes and Cemetery scribes have no records of Rimini and Duque beyond:
    HAMBURHL 1208 -Elia RIMINI 53 Guilfdord Street Russell Square 1 Feb 1871

There is a much earlier Will Extract Record for Samuel Anselmo LEONEof Florence 8 Oct 1806 in which his sister Abigail is the wife of David Vita son of Salvador Rimini ( deceased)- I do not know if this line has any relevance to your own.

There is an Isaac Duque in the 1911 Census ( Copyright TNA) RG14 23696
    10 Lonsdale Road Fallowfield Manchester Lancashire
    Isaac Duque Boarder 26 single Jewish Minister b Holland Amsterdam

There are Poor Law and Settlement records for the family of Abraham Rimini 30; wife Mary Ann 28; children Anni 3 and Mary 1 Whitechapel 2 June 1910-Shoreditch Workhouse with the note in red ink abandoned 16 Dec 1910.
    Similarly two boys John Rimini b abt 1874 age 13 Homerton Workhouse Admission 1 June 1887 and discharged 17 June 1887 -in charge of Police; Alexander Rimini b abt 1873 age 12 Homerton Workhouse found wandering 14 July 1885 and in workhouse earlier in 1884

Whether or not these Rimini relate to your lines requires confirmation.

I am happy to post on UK census records for Rimini and Duque and if so, please let me know.

Are the Rimini and Duque Sephardi Jews as per the Bevis Marks records but with later marriages to Dutch Ashkenazi lines?

Phillip
    Goodmorning Philip,how are you today?
    Thanks very much for all your efforts and data,regretattably must say that I do not know these persons to be in my ancestoral line although I must admit I do not know much more than that my greatgreatgreatgreat grandfather Jacob Rimini was born in 1731 in Verona and his wife Ester Fionquino in 1740 in Livorno.This Sephardic line mixes with an UK Sephardic family Duque. Joseph Jacob Rimini,one of two sons of Jacob born in the UK marry Ashkenazi family Ensel and de Raay from which my grandmother comes.The earliest Ashkenazi line start 1729(as far as I could go) with Mozes Philip Beek ( a teacher in Jewish religion called melamed)who took his last name from his wife who came from a town called Beek,she herself called Rachel Meyer.His father is Ezechiel Yecheskel but no dates avaialble.That is more or less the start of my family which hold Ashkenazi as well as Sephardic Jews.

Hope to hear more from you and others regarding the UK lines(census and all). Jacobs sons Elkan Jacob and Joseph jacob Rimini were borh born in London(1777 and 1779 respecively)but died in Amsterdam,no idea where they married.Their graves are in the oldest Portugese Jewish cemetery called beth Haim in a small town
    called Ouderkerk a/d Amstel(near Amsterdam)

Have a great day,best regards
    Paul

Paul
    I am posting UK Census data on Simon Rimini 1845-1916.Some Ancestry.Com family trees have Simon as descended from Elkan Rimini=Jehudit Abraham Messias and their son Jechiel Rimini 1811-1884=Rebecca Viejra 1821-1892.

I would treat this data with caution until it is confirmed.

Here is an initial start.

1871 Census (Crown Copyright,TNA)
    RG10 510 4 4
    Dorset Street Spitalfields London
    Levy ROOD H M 52 Dealer Hats and Caps b Holland Amsterdam
    Ester wife 52 Cap maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Simon son u 20 cigar maker b Holland Amsterdam
    ? son 14 cigar maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Abraham son 12 boot maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Simon RIMINI nephew u 25 slip maker b Holland Amsterdam

The following census in 1881 has Simon recorded as Samuel but another researcher has added an amendment of Simon.

1881 (Copyright TNA) RG11 438 89 51
    8 Duke Street Old Artillery Ground
    Simon Rimini H M 34 Slipper maker b Holland
    Anna wife 29 b Holland
    Michael son 9 b London
    Alexander son 8 b London
    Jacob son 7 b London
    Solomon son 5 b London
    Abraham son 10 months b London

These appear to be 2 sons of Simon/Anna in 1891 Census ( Crown Copyright,TNA) RG12 271 10 13
    Palestine Place Bethnal Green
    Hebrews Boys and Girls School
    Abraham Rimini boarder 9 b London Spitalfields
    John Rimini boarder 8 b London Spitalfields

You are already aware that often first and last names were changed over time and John maybe Solomon etc..

Will post further.

Phillip

Paul
    I am posting UK Census data on Simon Rimini 1845-1916.Some Ancestry.Com family trees have Simon as descended from Elkan Rimini=Jehudit Abraham Messias and their son Jechiel Rimini 1811-1884=Rebecca Viejra 1821-1892.

I would treat this data with caution until it is confirmed.

Here is an initial start.

1871 Census (Crown Copyright,TNA)
    RG10 510 4 4
    Dorset Street Spitalfields London
    Levy ROOD H M 52 Dealer Hats and Caps b Holland Amsterdam
    Ester wife 52 Cap maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Simon son u 20 cigar maker b Holland Amsterdam
    ? son 14 cigar maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Abraham son 12 boot maker b Holland Amsterdam
    Simon RIMINI nephew u 25 slip maker b Holland Amsterdam

The following census in 1881 has Simon recorded as Samuel but another researcher has added an amendment of Simon.

1881 (Copyright TNA) RG11 438 89 51
    8 Duke Street Old Artillery Ground
    Simon Rimini H M 34 Slipper maker b Holland
    Anna wife 29 b Holland
    Michael son 9 b London
    Alexander son 8 b London
    Jacob son 7 b London
    Solomon son 5 b London
    Abraham son 10 months b London

These appear to be 2 sons of Simon/Anna in 1891 Census ( Crown Copyright,TNA) RG12 271 10 13
    Palestine Place Bethnal Green
    Hebrews Boys and Girls School
    Abraham Rimini boarder 9 b London Spitalfields
    John Rimini boarder 8 b London Spitalfields

You are already aware that often first and last names were changed over time and John maybe Solomon etc..

Will post further.

Phillip
    Dear Philip,thanks once again.
    This Simon Rimini is,according to:https://gw.geneanet.org/lynnlewis16?...chiel&n=rimini, the son of Elkan and Rebecca.
    Best regards,Paul

Paul
    More on Simon Rimini-
    1901 Census (Copyright,TNA) rg13 290 157 14
    28 Northampton Street Bethnal Green
    Simon Rimini H M 59 Vegetable Costermonger b Holland British Subject (BS)
    Annie wife 49 b Holland BS
    Abraham son single 20 Bricklayers Labourer b London Bethnal Green
    John son single Tailor cutter b London Bethnal Green
    Rebecca dau single 15 Cigar Maker apprentice b London Bethnal Green

The introduction of machinery and imports had a major impact on the shoe/boot business in the UK during the latter part of the 1800s. My own Hart family ( Dutch/German Jews) had run a major London shoe/boot manufacturing and export business but by 1882 were bankrupt. I say this because you will note Simon's change of occupation from slipper maker to the vegetable trade.

1911 Census (Copyright,TNA) RG14 1431
    99 Coventry Street Bethnal Green London NE
    Simon Rimini H M 69 Married 42 years 8 children 8 alive b Holland Dutch
    Annie wife 60 b Holland Dutch
    Alexandra son 39 widower Fruiterer b Spitalfields
    Henry son 27 M Married 3 years 2 children 1 dead b Whitechapel
    Louisa dau in law 27 b Whitechapel
    Louisa daughter 7 mths b Bethnal Green

Phillip

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast