Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Marriage and Death for Simon Rimini:
    GRO Marriage Index Dec qtr 1874 Bethnal Green 1c 579
    Simon Rimini
    Annie TOSCANE

Deaths:
    Simon Rimini GRO Death Index March qtr 1916 age 71 Bethnal Green 1c 228
    Annie Rimini Dec qtr 1928 age 75 Bethnal Green 1c 171

Nb It maybe worth your while to get a GRO copy of the Marriage of Simon to confirm his father and Annie's father.

Phillip

Paul
    Ignore #11 regarding your obtaining the GRO Marriage Record for Simon/Annie. Here it is:
    Dec 26 1874 Church of England Parish Church of St James the Great Bethnal Green

Simon Rimini full age bachelor Shoemaker Bethnal Green father MICHAEL RIMINI Gentleman

Annie TOSCANE full age ( signed x her mark) Bethnal Green father JOHN TOSCANE Deceased
    Witnesses D Edwards; Emma Edwards

I take Michael to be the Anglicised version of Jechiel.

Interesting that this is a non Jewish marriage.

Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Certainly interesting,if this Simon is related to my Rimini branch than it is very strange since they are Sephardic Jews.Than maybe he converted because of her.
    Thanks Philip,regards,Paul

Paul
    Some general data- I suspect that the surname for Anna aka Annie is Toscano based on Sephardic records. There is 1 entry for a Rimini no first name England Alien Arrival from Amsterdam to London 14 Dec 1859. Occupation-Zanden...ep??
    There are several Duque on the list between 1843-1857 some with an initial letter for a first name and some without.
    There appears to be 1 Duque name record for a Bevis Marks marriage between 1701-1800 but no data on the Sephardi main website data base.

Will continue looking at the end of next week due to family holiday.
    Phillip

There are numbers of Church of England marriages for the children of Simon aka Samuel Rimini. The weddings show that Simon was also called Samuel. I will list 3 weddings as a start. The question being is why did Simon aka Samuel marry in a Christian Church as did several of his children. Is this Simon/Samuel actually descended from the Sephardi Rimini?

April 11 1898 St Johns Church Bethnal Green
    Michael Rimini 28 Bachelor labourer 99 Coventry Street -father Samuel Rimini Shoe maker
    Mary Ann GOFF 28 widow 48 Moss Street -father William Henry ROWELL deceased Cooper
    Witnesses William Puckeridge; Annie Rowell

August 1 1898 St Andrews Church Bethnal Green
    Alexander Rimini 25 Bachelor Hawker 99 Coventry Street-father Samuel Rimini Hawker
    Jessie ROWELL 19 Spinster Tailoress 74 Coventry Street-father William Henry ROWELL deceased
    Witnesses William Henry Rowell; Rebecca Rimini

Nb Looks like 2 Rowell sisters marrying 2 Rimini brothers

Dec 24 1905 St Bartholomews Church Bethnal Green

Abraham Rimini 25 Bachelor 17 Northampton Street Porter -father Simon Rimini Costermonger
    Mary Ann RICHARDSON 24 Spinster Tailoress 17 Northampton Street-father Samuel Richardson Gas worker
    Witnesses John Rimini; Lillian Maud Rimini

Will post end of next week.

Phillip

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    There are numbers of Church of England marriages for the children of Simon aka Samuel Rimini. The weddings show that Simon was also called Samuel. I will list 3 weddings as a start. The question being is why did Simon aka Samuel marry in a Christian Church as did several of his children. Is this Simon/Samuel actually descended from the Sephardi Rimini?

April 11 1898 St Johns Church Bethnal Green
    Michael Rimini 28 Bachelor labourer 99 Coventry Street -father Samuel Rimini Shoe maker
    Mary Ann GOFF 28 widow 48 Moss Street -father William Henry ROWELL deceased Cooper
    Witnesses William Puckeridge; Annie Rowell

August 1 1898 St Andrews Church Bethnal Green
    Alexander Rimini 25 Bachelor Hawker 99 Coventry Street-father Samuel Rimini Hawker
    Jessie ROWELL 19 Spinster Tailoress 74 Coventry Street-father William Henry ROWELL deceased
    Witnesses William Henry Rowell; Rebecca Rimini

Nb Looks like 2 Rowell sisters marrying 2 Rimini brothers

Dec 24 1905 St Bartholomews Church Bethnal Green

Abraham Rimini 25 Bachelor 17 Northampton Street Porter -father Simon Rimini Costermonger
    Mary Ann RICHARDSON 24 Spinster Tailoress 17 Northampton Street-father Samuel Richardson Gas worker
    Witnesses John Rimini; Lillian Maud Rimini

Will post end of next week.

Phillip
    Dear Philip, Have a nice weekend and family holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Dear Philip, Have a nice weekend and family holiday
    Dear Philip,how you are doing fine when you read this.

What at this moment I am very curious about is when Jacob Rimini and Ester Fionquino got married.
    Since both their sons Elkan and Joseph were born in London it could very well be they were
    married in London,so questions are:when,where and when did they come to the UK?
    And are there documents to support all answers to these questions?Like e.g. a ketuba for their marriage?

To reresh: Jacob Rimini was born in Verona,Italy 1731 and died in Amsterdam 1824,his wife was born in Livorno,Italy(as is mentioned on the document when she was reported deceased in 1828)Oldest son Elkan Joseph was born in 1775 in London(died in Amsterdam 1856)and Joseph Jacob was born 1779 London(died Amsterdam 1855)

You have been of great help and hopefully we can find answers to these quations.
    If you are ever in Holland please let me know,we can if you are interested go visit Beth Haim,
    the oldest Portugese Jewish cemetery where many of the Rimini's are buried.
    With best regards,Paul Beek

Paul

I will not put the full URL but see the Sephardi Community Bevis Marks website Historical Records....heshaim.org/historical_records

This site has currently 7 main resources for sale at £25 per volume ( some are out of stock) but they include the periods of dates you are researching for your lines:
    Births, Marriages, Deaths-Bevis Marks Records Being Contributions to the History of the Spanish and Portugues Congregation of London Ed Lionel D Barnett 1949 Part 2 Abstracts of the Ketubot or Marriage Contracts of the Congregation from the Earliest Times until 1837 with index; Part 3 1837-1901 G H Whitehill 1973; Part 4 Birth Registers 1767-1881 and Part 5 Birth Register plus 1707-1763 records; Burial Register 1733-1918; plus other records

You can buy the Records direct from the Community Book shop. If you did buy the records these would include numerous names and dates some maybe relevant others will not be.
    Alternatively you can contact the Chief Rabbi Beth Din and ask permission for searches on your specific lines. I will add more information.

See also SephardicGen Resources website -CISS Consolidated Index of Sephardic Surnames from the Sephardic Data base on SephardicGen- you will note several Rimini and Duque. I would use the full range of search facilities bearing in mind the wide range of spellings of the respective names.

You could also ask on British Jewry ( free subscription as a Lister) if anyone would be kind enough to do a look up on the Bevis Marks Records if they hold copies. That would of course save you money and time if someone would look up the names.

Thank you for your kind offer regarding any future visit I may make to Holland. I did visit twice Amsterdam and other parts of Holland several years ago with my wife but that was pre family history research and I had no knowledge at the time of my Jewish roots.

Kind regards
    Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Paul

I will not put the full URL but see the Sephardi Community Bevis Marks website Historical Records....heshaim.org/historical_records

This site has currently 7 main resources for sale at £25 per volume ( some are out of stock) but they include the periods of dates you are researching for your lines:
    Births, Marriages, Deaths-Bevis Marks Records Being Contributions to the History of the Spanish and Portugues Congregation of London Ed Lionel D Barnett 1949 Part 2 Abstracts of the Ketubot or Marriage Contracts of the Congregation from the Earliest Times until 1837 with index; Part 3 1837-1901 G H Whitehill 1973; Part 4 Birth Registers 1767-1881 and Part 5 Birth Register plus 1707-1763 records; Burial Register 1733-1918; plus other records

You can buy the Records direct from the Community Book shop. If you did buy the records these would include numerous names and dates some maybe relevant others will not be.
    Alternatively you can contact the Chief Rabbi Beth Din and ask permission for searches on your specific lines. I will add more information.

See also SephardicGen Resources website -CISS Consolidated Index of Sephardic Surnames from the Sephardic Data base on SephardicGen- you will note several Rimini and Duque. I would use the full range of search facilities bearing in mind the wide range of spellings of the respective names.

You could also ask on British Jewry ( free subscription as a Lister) if anyone would be kind enough to do a look up on the Bevis Marks Records if they hold copies. That would of course save you money and time if someone would look up the names.

Thank you for your kind offer regarding any future visit I may make to Holland. I did visit twice Amsterdam and other parts of Holland several years ago with my wife but that was pre family history research and I had no knowledge at the time of my Jewish roots.

Kind regards
    Phillip
    Dear Philip,trust you had a nice week.
    Thanks again for all your efforts to get all this data,much appcreciated.
    Next week will undergo surgery in hospital so that week I am not busy here but always await your replies.
    Have a great weekend,best regards,Paul

Paul
    First of all I am sorry to read that you are due to undergo surgery next week. Sending my best wishes and hoping that everything goes well for you.

Some further thoughts on your searches- I am uncertain as to whether or not early ketubah exist in the Bevis Marks archives. I suspect that most records are late 18th Century but can I suggest that you contact the Portuguese Synagogue in Amsterdam to confirm what original records exist in London.

I do know that there are Historic Marriage Authorisation Records 1880-1917 from the Office of the Chief Rabbi "Granted by the United Synagogue to give permission to a local Rabbi to conduct a marriage ceremony".
    The information contains more than the Civil GRO records including Hebre and English names of Bride/Groom; country of origin;Hebrew names of groom's unmarried brothers and which ones intend to attend the marriage plus other information.
    These records can be searched by name and ordered at a cost of £20 for non JGSGB Members and £15 for United Synagogue or JGSGB members.

see kosher.org.uk/category/find-marriage- record Nb I have missed out the first URL to avoid spam.

See also the JewishGen Sephardi SIG contacts- it might prove useful to join the group, if not already, and seek further data/help.

Phillip

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast