Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

Talking Offer too good to refuse?

Ancestry have just made me an offer I don't think I can refuse.
    4 months premium subscription for £20.
    It's only available by a link in the e-mail OR by contacting Members Services.
    Not available to people with current subscription and offer ends 2359hrs on 29 Jan 2018.

If you do take it up don't forget to cancel at least 2 days before the end otherwise they continue at normal rate £13.99/month.

Growing old Disgracefully

Good deal I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Good deal I'd take it.
    So would I!! I need FMP to make a similar offer.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Interesting. I just looked at Ancestry and it shows an offer of 3 months' subscription for £15 also expiring on 29 Jan but not the offer you describe. It also states that it is for new customers only. I have previously been a customer but do not have a current subscription so maybe it doesn't include me?
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by tony vines View Post
    Interesting. I just looked at Ancestry and it shows an offer of 3 months' subscription for £15 also expiring on 29 Jan but not the offer you describe. It also states that it is for new customers only. I have previously been a customer but do not have a current subscription so maybe it doesn't include me?
    I, too, am a former subscriber and still have the free registration. The email specifically said "without current subscription".

You could try subscribing using the link you found (I coudn't find it, just the standard membership subscription page), if it rejects you try calling Member Services, you may get lucky.

I think I'll take it, it will give me a chance to download some media that went misssing when I deleted my tree a couple of years ago.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks Macwil. They clearly want your custom more than mine but I am happy to report that I've apparently secured 3 months subscription for £5/month. Thanks for the heads up.

Tony
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

A fountain of knowledge

Cool

well done!
    Happy to have helped.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the subscription around the renewal dates. Mine gives a date one month hence, I'll be checking just how much they intend billing me at that time, it should be £5.00, but you never know, mistakes happen.
    Last edited by macwil; 26-01-2018 at 9:17 PM. Reason: Add comment

A fountain of knowledge

They really are keen to sign me up. Just had an e-mail reminding me their offer expires tomorrow.
    Thing is; I've already signed up.

A fountain of knowledge

Into the second month and I've got my money's worth.
    I've just cracked an eight years old brickwall. See my Serendipity Strikes thread
    and I've got a tentative potential lead on to who my g'dad used to visit in Canada.

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by tony vines View Post
    Thanks Macwil. They clearly want your custom more than mine but I am happy to report that I've apparently secured 3 months subscription for £5/month. Thanks for the heads up.

Tony
    Hi Tony,

We're into the third month of our subscriptions. Have you checked your renewal sub?

I hope you have had some success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast