Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldmac View Post
    James shows on some census in U.S. working as laborer on railway. We found also, stone mason.
    Most of my questions seemed irrelevant after Dundee10 found what appears to be James and Elizabeth's marriage - see post #4. It's available online at ScotlandsPeople for a small fee. As is Elizabeth's birth registration (see post #6, Dundee10 again). You should also be able to get James' birth registration as well, plus the marriages of both sets of parents.

One small point. It's advisable to write dates as day, name of month, year, e.g. 9 December 2017. Americans numerically would write that as 12-9-2017, but Brits (and possibly the rest of the world) would interpret that as 12 September 2017.
    I remember that caused terrible confusion with one query - we couldn't understand why someone whose birth was registered in September had a birthday in April till someone twigged that it was because of the American style of writing dates.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I have found a Marriage Intent record we have showing Elizabeth Balloch as the Mother's maiden name. It also shows her birth place as Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    There's is a tree on Ancestry that has them marrying 1901 Falkirk but it does not have any resources to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    Possibly this one, you would need to look at the certificate to see why it is indexed like this:

BALLOCH, ELIZABETH POLLO
    BARRIE, JAMES
    479/ 113
    Falkirk

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    Birth
    BALLOCH, ELIZABETH POLLO
    F
    479/1 426

Her parents were, I think, Richard BALLOCH and Janet/Jessie NIMMO. I wonder if anyone has a birth cert for one of the BARRIE/POLLOCK children to confirn Elizabeth's maiden surname?
    James shows on some census in U.S. working as laborer on railway. We found also, stone mason.
    I have downloaded my Grandmother's birth document and their marriage document from Sotland's People web site. They are correct. Only issue is some of the parents names are hard to read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12