Thread: Isaac Greenaway

Default Isaac Greenaway

I would like some information on Isaac Greenaway regarding his military record and the campaigns he attended during WW2. He was in the Royal Artillery and I think his service number was 1794888. He was born in Johnstone in Scotland 16.4.1915 died 16.2.1968, parents James Greenaway and Barbara nee McCreadie. Thanks Dot Spot

Hi
    WW11 service records are still held by the MoD so are not online. This 'sticky' explains and gives a link where you can download the application forms. You do not actually need his service number but you do need his death certificate and 30 pounds.
    The personal information you have will help identify him but as he could potentially still be alive you will need the copy of his death cert.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi Dot

Service number corresponds to being in RA - Royal Artillery (Field, Coastal & Anti-Aircraft) 721001 - 1842000 and 11000001 - 11500000 .
    As Christina said, apply for his service record, then you can find out which regiment he was in.
    This will give you an very basic overview of where he was - https://web.archive.org/web/20160305....uk/page3.html
    NA UK have the war diaries, but not online.
    regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.